Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Bobby71

Default Who's getting the WEC this weekend?

I think I'm going to skip this one. It's a great card but I just don't want to spend that kind of money on it. I'll save my 55 bucks for the next great UFC ppv.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not going to get it for much the same reason. I don't want to spend money on another PPV this month. I generally like the WEC fights more than the UFC right now but I had to buy this last card since Matt was on it!

~Amy
Old 04-21-2010, 03:23 PM
County Mike

I'm buying it as part of my birthday gift to Al Buck. We're hosting his birthday party and including the PPV. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:36 PM
KevinD

Although I really like this card, I am skipping it too. There is only so much money for fights. Machida/Rua trumps this card for me.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
logrus

I wont be buying the card. Seems like it might have some good fights, but its Wec.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:54 PM
rearnakedchoke

i am saving the money and renting a few midgets wrestling dvds to fill to void of tiny people fighting ...
Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
JohnnyB

Can anyone say Buffalo Wild Wings? Unless one of my buddies buys the fights, I'll take myself down the street and watch it on the big screens... for FREE!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Bobby71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Can anyone say Buffalo Wild Wings? Unless one of my buddies buys the fights, I'll take myself down the street and watch it on the big screens... for FREE!
The last time I watched fights at a place other than house was when BJ Penn beat up Joe Stevenson. I went to a Hooters and watched it lived at 1pm. Since it was at 1pm there wasn't much of a crowd, so that was nice. I got a good seat near the big screen. But, in order to keep the table I had to buy a meal and a few beers. By the time the ppv was over, I had spent over 30 bucks, with the beers and the food and the tip. I had fun but for 20 bucks more I could have just stayed home and bought the ppv.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
The last time I watched fights at a place other than house was when BJ Penn beat up Joe Stevenson. I went to a Hooters and watched it lived at 1pm. Since it was at 1pm there wasn't much of a crowd, so that was nice. I got a good seat near the big screen. But, in order to keep the table I had to buy a meal and a few beers. By the time the ppv was over, I had spent over 30 bucks, with the beers and the food and the tip. I had fun but for 20 bucks more I could have just stayed home and bought the ppv.
I find that if I go out somewhere to watch the fights, I usually end up paying for food and end up shelling out an amount close to what I would have paid. So I'm with you...I'd rather stay home and watch or not see it at all. I hate skipping the WEC card but hey, I'll survive reading the results instead of watching them happen. If enough people decide to not buy the PPV, then they may take it back to Versus again and at least get the revenue from the commercials.

~Amy
Old 04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
atomdanger

I won't buy it.

and I don't know anybody who is getting it.
If it were 19 bucks or something, then yes.
45? No.