Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
depending on the severity.. I would call it a mercy...
Hmmm, I've heard that many Nazi doctors felt the exact same way.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Hmmm, I've heard that many Nazi doctors felt the exact same way.
Really?

From my reading of history I don't know that I agree completely...

What about babies born to a life time (however much they have) of paid due to the dozens of operations.. just to preserve the baby that is blind, deaf and mute....

I am not saying that I am right on this.. what I am saying is that sometimes a mercy killing would be better.. but that is getting off topic a bit.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Really?

From my reading of history I don't know that I agree completely...

What about babies born to a life time (however much they have) of paid due to the dozens of operations.. just to preserve the baby that is blind, deaf and mute....

I am not saying that I am right on this.. what I am saying is that sometimes a mercy killing would be better.. but that is getting off topic a bit.
But, who determines when a child's life is not worth living? I can guarantee you that the most important person in that decision is never even consulted, even though his/her life is hanging in the balance. Someone else has to decide whether or not that child's life is worth living.

Do you want someone making that decision for you about your life, or your son's life? If not, then maybe you shouldn't be so quick to suggest that other people have that right taken away from them as well.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
But, who determines when a child's life is not worth living? I can guarantee you that the most important person in that decision is never even consulted, even though his/her life is hanging in the balance. Someone else has to decide whether or not that child's life is worth living.

Do you want someone making that decision for you about your life, or your son's life? If not, then maybe you shouldn't be so quick to suggest that other people have that right taken away from them as well.
If the doc showed me that my son was going to be born very deformed, horrid learning disabilities, would require breathing through a tube, and/or other things that you and I are fortunate enough to not have, it would be something to consider. I am lucky that I never had to cross those bridges.. and I won't pass judgment on those that have had to make those decisions.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If the doc showed me that my son was going to be born very deformed, horrid learning disabilities, would require breathing through a tube, and/or other things that you and I are fortunate enough to not have, it would be something to consider. I am lucky that I never had to cross those bridges.. and I won't pass judgment on those that have had to make those decisions.
Well, what about Helen Keller? She was born normal, but lost her vision and hearing due to a severe illness 19 months after she was born. Do you think that she should have been euthanized immediately after it was learned that she would be permanently blind and deaf?
Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Stump Rules!

That poor girl needs someone to take her and her baby in. Just don't look at me.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 AM
logrus

I don't know, if the 10 year old was indeed raped by an adult, then why force her to carry the child. That would be like saying it was perfectly fine to be molested and raped. Sure you can argue its not the babies fault. An your right, but then again neither is it the 10 year old as well.

we talk about the trauma of giving up the baby and what it would have on the child but its also possible that having that constant reminder could also do more harm then good. I mean if I get a 3 day ban for talking about a Hughes loss and how he doesnt like to be reminded ( quoted from nate) then how could a rape victim feel.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I don't know, if the 10 year old was indeed raped by an adult, then why force her to carry the child. That would be like saying it was perfectly fine to be molested and raped. Sure you can argue its not the babies fault. An your right, but then again neither is it the 10 year old as well.

we talk about the trauma of giving up the baby and what it would have on the child but its also possible that having that constant reminder could also do more harm then good. I mean if I get a 3 day ban for talking about a Hughes loss and how he doesnt like to be reminded ( quoted from nate) then how could a rape victim feel.
Your logic is completely flawed. Everyone here fully supports the idea of severe punishment towards the rapist. So claiming that NOT committing cold blooded murder is somehow endorsing rape and child-molestation is just too ridiculous for words.

Who says that this girl has to give up the baby? And how would that be more traumatic than living with the knowledge that the child was killed?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ View Post
She's 10 years old! It's very easy for all of you to sit there and say she should be put up for adoption or you would gladly adopt the child. However, what about the process of giving birth and dealing with the fact that she was raped by her step-father. This is not a natural situation for adult women, let alone a 10 year old baby girl who doesn't even comprehend what she's in for.

Why not think of her as well?

I know i'm going to catch a lot of heat for this but in the case of rape/incest, I can't blame a woman who wants an abortion.
She probably wouldn't carry to term (37 weeks) and they'd do a c-section for delivery. We get very young girls at my high risk practice sometimes.

~Amy
Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
logrus

Quote:
Your logic is completely flawed. Everyone here fully supports the idea of severe punishment towards the rapist. So claiming that NOT committing cold blooded murder is somehow endorsing rape and child-molestation is just too ridiculous for words.

Who says that this girl has to give up the baby? And how would that be more traumatic than living with the knowledge that the child was killed?
No more, then you saying that it will be all rainbows and unicorns for the mother when she has the kid. Like having the kid will make everything go away. Thats your logic.

Well I get what your saying, Don't punish the baby, punish the father and the mother well **** her, who cares about her..