Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default WOW.. 15 years ago!!!

Feels like it was yesterday...

http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...00.html?hpt=C1
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM
TENNESSEAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

my best friend was killed in a car crash the day before. i didn't know the bombing had happen till later in the week. very bad week for me.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Shoots like a girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I cant believe its been 15 years. Doesnt seem like that long ago. Timothy McVey was sent here to Terre Haute, Indiana, where I live, and waited out his last days. This place was a mess the day he arrived and the day of his execution. One more monster gone. Thank God.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM
TENNESSEAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
I cant believe its been 15 years. Doesnt seem like that long ago. Timothy McVey was sent here to Terre Haute, Indiana, where I live, and waited out his last days. This place was a mess the day he arrived and the day of his execution. One more monster gone. Thank God.
Is that the prison on the right going into sullivan. I spent 2 weeks a merom generating sta a couple months ago.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Shoots like a girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
Is that the prison on the right going into sullivan. I spent 2 weeks a merom generating sta a couple months ago.
No that isnt the prison that McVey was in. It is maximum security though. I knew a guy that was a guard at the one in Sullivan, he says its a pretty rough place. The hubby fishes at Merom, I hear the fishing is awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default

I was in training in the Army when this happened, so I didn't hear about it until a couple of weeks afterwards. A terrible attack, but it's just a shame that McVeigh's ties with Al Qaeda have been buried.

For me personally, this attack pales in comparison to the Khobar Towers bombing which happened a little over a year later on June 25th, 1996 (hard to believe that we experienced a terrorist attack almost every single year back in the 1990s and were still completely unprepared for 9/11). But that one is more significant to me only because my brother was living in those barracks and there were a few days where we didn't know if he was alive or dead.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2010, 03:46 PM
TENNESSEAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I was in training in the Army when this happened, so I didn't hear about it until a couple of weeks afterwards. A terrible attack, but it's just a shame that McVeigh's ties with Al Qaeda have been buried.

For me personally, this attack pales in comparison to the Khobar Towers bombing which happened a little over a year later on June 25th, 1996 (hard to believe that we experienced a terrorist attack almost every single year back in the 1990s and were still completely unprepared for 9/11). But that one is more significant to me only because my brother was living in those barracks and there were a few days where we didn't know if he was alive or dead.
uss cole, countless embassy bombings, Clinton did nothing. thats why they danced in the street after 9/11 saying the us would not do anything
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Shoots like a girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
uss cole, countless embassy bombings, Clinton did nothing. thats why they danced in the street after 9/11 saying the us would not do anything
THANK YOU!!!!! Guess he was busy in the oval office doing "other things" and couldnt be bothered with those little acts of terror. Boy did he set us up for 9/11.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.