Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 04-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Buzzard

Default Hockey Playoffs

Go Caps!

It seems that when I watch them, they get scored against and lose. 1st playoff game I came in with about 8 minutes left with the Caps winning 2-1. Soon after Montreal scored and tied it up. I turned to something else and came back later when it was in OT with about 8 minutes left and BAM, Montreal scores to win it.

Game 2. I watch from beginning and at the 1 minute mark, Montreal scores, followed by another goal about 5 minutes later. I hold on and the Caps score. I watch it until 9:00 when I switch to the Strike Force fights. As soon as I turned the channel and was getting my picture in picture going, the Caps score and bring it within one point. I then decide to not jinx them and only watch the fights. It paid off. My brother finally called me to tell me it went into OT again but the Caps prevailed this time. Luckily I was able to see the winning shot on replay.

Question for all. Are you superstitious when it comes to certain sports? I am, though I know it is silly. It's the same with my beloved Redskins. I had to watch Super Bowl 22 by myself with my brothers in the living room and me sequestered in my bedroom for the Redskins to be able to pull it off.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Buzzard

Damn, the opposite happened. I didn't watch most of game 5 and the Caps lost. They had a shot in the 3rd but couldn't make it. Game 6 in Montreal.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

The Coyotes and Blackhawks are doing good this year, so I have been more engaged than I usually am. I grew up playing hockey and I love the sport, it's just not one I follow as closely as football, basketball, or fight-sports.

I am not superstitious, but I have definitely gotten the vibe at certain times that my teams do better or worse depending on where I am watching the game. I am weird like that anyway though, I will watch the Cardinals games on TV with the audio on mute and turn on the radio broadcast so I can hear Ron Wolfley do the play-by-play.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
The Coyotes and Blackhawks are doing good this year, so I have been more engaged than I usually am. I grew up playing hockey and I love the sport, it's just not one I follow as closely as football, basketball, or fight-sports.

I am not superstitious, but I have definitely gotten the vibe at certain times that my teams do better or worse depending on where I am watching the game. I am weird like that anyway though, I will watch the Cardinals games on TV with the audio on mute and turn on the radio broadcast so I can hear Ron Wolfley do the play-by-play.
It's hard for me to divide my time and watch all the sports I wish I could along with the other activities I enjoy. Lately I've been watching bits and pieces of hockey and usually watch during the playoffs.

The Caps and the Kings are the teams I am rooting for. Too many sports and not enough time to watch them all. The Hawks are on in 10 hours, don't know if I'll be awake by then.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 PM

Go hawks and habs
Old 04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
matthughesfan21

hawks looked ok in game 1, a little rusty and Rinne was hot...Game 2 they had a fire under them(still didn't get the offense going really because of Rinne) but they D was playing very well....Game 3 was atrocious and they played their worst game of the year...Game 4 they looked excellent and won 3-0...Let's see if the pattern continues or the hawks actually play good in back to back games...Got to get to Rinne early before he settles in because once he is in a zone, he can be a monster
Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

The Hawks series has been nuts, we either play like crap, or have a shut out. Really though it has been a lot of good hockey this year.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:17 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
The Hawks series has been nuts, we either play like crap, or have a shut out. Really though it has been a lot of good hockey this year.
exactly, both wins by shutout...Game 1 we outplayed them, but our passing wasn't very crisp and it was difficult to set up a good series of chances on net...Game 3 we just need to forget about, nothing positive came out of that game...we are tied 2-2 and 2 of the last 3 are in Chicago, so hopefully they come out sharp this afternoon and get that pivotal game 5 win...Most of the series have been great though, the Habs are showing some grit(they still aren't winning it, but i like their effort)

Lets go Hawks, Habs, Phoenix, LA, Buffalo, Colorado, and Ottawa(surprised Philly knocked off NJ also)

it has been a great playoffs though
Old 04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
exactly, both wins by shutout...Game 1 we outplayed them, but our passing wasn't very crisp and it was difficult to set up a good series of chances on net...Game 3 we just need to forget about, nothing positive came out of that game...we are tied 2-2 and 2 of the last 3 are in Chicago, so hopefully they come out sharp this afternoon and get that pivotal game 5 win...Most of the series have been great though, the Habs are showing some grit(they still aren't winning it, but i like their effort)

Lets go Hawks, Habs, Phoenix, LA, Buffalo, Colorado, and Ottawa(surprised Philly knocked off NJ also)

it has been a great playoffs though
I hope we get rid of Niemi this off season, How you can give up 3 points on only 11 shots is beyond me.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I hope we get rid of Niemi this off season, How you can give up 3 points on only 11 shots is beyond me.
make that 4 on 13, the first 3 were tough saves, that last one was weak