Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Default Supercross 2010

Last night, me, Mark, Silverback, hazey22, Mark's brother-in-law and the boys went to the Supercross event in St. Louis. I wasn't in a great seat (but tickets were only $10 so I can't complain), plus the people in front of me kept standing up, so I couldn't get a lot of good pictures; but there are a few decent ones in the mix:

The fireworks from the start of the show:

Pics from the actual races:

Old 04-18-2010, 06:49 PM

Looks like a lot of fun! I've never been to a motocross.

Yes, $10 is a great price...I was just checking ticket prices for Clash of the Titans 3D. With matinee discount they are $11.50 each.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Silverback

Next year Nate, we have the hook-up, the pictures are great, thanks for coming my friend. Hope you like the shirt.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Mac

My Brother in law and Nephew went down there last night , They go to that every year , Last year they bought some special passes and tickets from a scalper outfront , Dont know exactly what passes they were but they got them into the back and hung out with travis pastrana and a whole bunch of the riders. Great pics guys , looks like a good time.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
My Brother in law and Nephew went down there last night , They go to that every year , Last year they bought some special passes and tickets from a scalper outfront , Dont know exactly what passes they were but they got them into the back and hung out with travis pastrana and a whole bunch of the riders. Great pics guys , looks like a good time.
Pit passes are my guess, Trevor,(my youngest) and I went down there about 1:30pm yesterday and did the Monster and Yeger party, he was able to get in on the Spike TV octagon set up and beat a kid up with the sticks, the kid sucker shot him when he was getting up on the post to knock him off the first time, what a mistake, Trevor nailed his butt 3 times after that, the last time he knocked him all the way to the fence. We go down every year, Dirtworks does the track, but this year the equipment rental place gave them the equipment and me buddy could only get so many tickets, (that was the reason for the confussion with the tickets) Last year Travis P. designed the track, and he took a bike outside and did some stuff up Washington Ave. the guy can ride. So next year Mac your coming too, with your boys.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Next year Nate, we have the hook-up, the pictures are great, thanks for coming my friend. Hope you like the shirt.
Yep, the shirt's awesome, thanks!

Hopefully, I'll have a new camera by the time MonsterJam and Supercross come back around next year; but if not, at least I know what to expect and should be able to get some nicer pics.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

Hopefully, I'll have a new camera by the time MonsterJam and Supercross come back around next year; but if not, at least I know what to expect and should be able to get some nicer pics.
What are you going to buy?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
What are you going to buy?
Probably just an up to date version of the Canon Digital Rebel that I have now, hopefully a 12 megapixel or higher (my current camera is an 8 megapixel). I also hope to have a better telephoto lens; but the good ones are incredibly expensive ($1600 or more).
Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Probably just an up to date version of the Canon Digital Rebel that I have now, hopefully a 12 megapixel or higher (my current camera is an 8 megapixel). I also hope to have a better telephoto lens; but the good ones are incredibly expensive ($1600 or more).
Cool!! I shoot a Nikon D50 and I've been pondering upgrading recently. Just haven't decided yet....

What sort of lens would you like to get?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:

The pics are really good!

[