Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 04-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Bobby71

Default STL MMA

Hi all, My name is Bobby and I'm from West County St Louis. Long time MMA fan and long time fan of Matt Hughes. I post on the underground as well, but I'm looking to talk MMA with some people that are more local as well. I figured this place would be a good mix of local and national fans.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Greetings...but...i'm from England...so not exactly local im afraid

On the other hand, I have visited Saint Louis last year
Old 04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Silverback

Welcome STL MMA, local got to love it, good to have you.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Bobby71

Thanks guys. None of my friends like MMA and I have given up on trying to convince them. Instead I'm looking for new friends that already like MMA.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome! I'm in NC now but I used to live in a tiny little town outside of Poplar Bluff MO when I was a kid.

Being a girl, I have a hard time finding friends who like MMA but that's why I went to the gym here and started JJ classes. Now I have a whole group of friends who love and understand the sport. Of course most of them are guys but we are getting more girls into the sport here.

~Amy
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby71 View Post
Thanks guys. None of my friends like MMA and I have given up on trying to convince them. Instead I'm looking for new friends that already like MMA.
Gots some fights coming up close to you, Butler, IL. in June, Hit Squad guys will be there at Butler, Sept. and Dec. a new venue in Union, MO. The promoter is a friend of mine and he hopes to work something out with the guys at Hit Squad to get some fighters there, should be a real good card and a excellent time.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Chris F

Welcome,

I used to pastor a church in New Haven Missouri but now in Tulsa. I am sure you will find several locals here.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Welcome! I'm in NC now but I used to live in a tiny little town outside of Poplar Bluff MO when I was a kid.

Being a girl, I have a hard time finding friends who like MMA but that's why I went to the gym here and started JJ classes. Now I have a whole group of friends who love and understand the sport. Of course most of them are guys but we are getting more girls into the sport here.

~Amy
Watch out for this one, she has a pistol, and she lets her BF play with it and he has never shot a gun.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Watch out for this one, she has a pistol, and she lets her BF play with it and he has never shot a gun.

He hasn't shot a gun YET...... I'll make him into a country boy before I'm done with him.

~Amy
Old 04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Bobby71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Gots some fights coming up close to you, Butler, IL. in June, Hit Squad guys will be there at Butler, Sept. and Dec. a new venue in Union, MO. The promoter is a friend of mine and he hopes to work something out with the guys at Hit Squad to get some fighters there, should be a real good card and a excellent time.
Thanks, maybe I'll look into that. Are you going to those fights?

TexasRN, I'm a nursing student myself, was a medic in the Army for a few years.