Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-18-2010, 05:07 AM
timmyja

While everybody is highly critical of champs not finishing fights, how about THREE strikeforce champs not finishing mayhem miller A four on one melee goes to a decision?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:20 AM
logrus

I don't know, Hendo didn't look like himself. He looked a bit heavier, and he looked a bit stiff. Definitely not the same guy I watched slaughter Bisping. IT seemed he looked a bit hesitant, I was thinking Hendo would work a Couture type fight and muscle Jake on the cage.

Aoki threw about a total of 10 punches, and failed a takedown about 1000 times. An whats with Mario warning the other guy, that was a clean sock to the face lol.

My question is why is the Gracie boys always starting Octagon wars. Diaz vs Noons, and it appears Diaz vs Miller. Seems a bit odd and a failed attempt at a hype train.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja View Post
While everybody is highly critical of champs not finishing fights, how about THREE strikeforce champs not finishing mayhem miller A four on one melee goes to a decision?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Maldonado136

btw jake shields threw the very first punch. just putting it out there.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 AM

Pretty lame, we were watching UFC 110 half the time...
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 AM
MMeh

Diaz kicking Miller on the ground was the most technical shot of the evening - pretty stupid spectacle. If that little stunt wasn't planned (who knows, controversy sells, even if it's drummed up) Mayhem Miller was way out of line. If he put as much energy into learning how to stop a takedown as he did talking crap, maybe he wouldn't need to go trolling for re-matches.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:01 AM
sender

seriously what was with the brawl at the end???? feels like elite XC all over again :S not good for strikeforce...

I wana see lawler Sheilds rematch
Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

tut, tut, tut. I dont really know or bother much with Strikeforce. I'm a bit shocked by the outcome of Shields/Henderson...whilst I do like Jake...I didnt think he would win that match.

As for what happened after...there is only one action that could undo such an appualing act. Issue P45s to the lot of them, do it this weekend....and for those who are not employees...ban them from attendance at all future events.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:59 AM
County Mike

That figures. I stayed at my friend's house and watched the fights but as soon as the last one was over, Kelli and I left. I missed the best part. A couple of my friends are complaining that the wrestlers who shoot in for takedown, then just hold their guy down are going to ruin MMA. Too effective and too boring at the same time.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I doubt Dana is laughing considering his TUF show is a joke. He lies worse then Mcain, Bush, Clinton and Obama combined, and his main fights puts everyone to sleep.
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration on both parts.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
im sorry vinny chase ima let you finish, but cesar gracie fight team is the best entourage of all tame!! of all tame!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
All mayhem wanted was his title shot. shields pushed mayhem first and then his little crew jumped on mayhem. it just shows how mature that camp really is.
Personally, I can't blame Jake. He just defended his title for the first time by beating a legend and then knucklehead gets in his face during his post fight interview?? I'm cool with what Jake did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnsman2000 View Post
The Hendo fight looked as fixed as a fight could have...really! Wonder how much money it took to buy Hendo?
No offense intended brother but I hate it when people makes comments like this. To imply that you could "pay off" Henderson or any other elite fighter is just silly to me. I could see a judge/ref taking a bribe or even a "b level" fighter but not guys at this level.

Henderson is 39yrs old with a bad back. I think he was hoping/believing that he would KO Jake in the first round so the next 4 didn't really matter. It almost worked too!