Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Mosley LIED big time, video proof

I knew it...

Here is a video taped deposition that he gave in October that was just leaked to the web by Victor Conte....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMIB7g1mq0

He clearly admits that he KNEW he took EPO before the Oscar rematch.

Any shred of credibility that he may have regained over the last 7 years is ruined in my opinion considering he has maintained in the press that he didn't know what he was doing. I called BS the whole time, and now there is undeniable proof.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I knew it...

Here is a video taped deposition that he gave in October that was just leaked to the web by Victor Conte....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMIB7g1mq0

He clearly admits that he KNEW he took EPO before the Oscar rematch.

Any shred of credibility that he may have regained over the last 7 years is ruined in my opinion considering he has maintained in the press that he didn't know what he was doing. I called BS the whole time, and now there is undeniable proof.
Don't taze me bro but I wouldn't put too much stock in this video....

I'm sure it's authentic but I'm always suspicios of any video that just shows little snippets... Who knows what could have been said during the rest of the video? He could have recanted or said the question confused him or whatever....

He just looked awfully confused to me... he must not be the brightest crayon in the box.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:44 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Don't taze me bro but I wouldn't put too much stock in this video....

I'm sure it's authentic but I'm always suspicios of any video that just shows little snippets... Who knows what could have been said during the rest of the video? He could have recanted or said the question confused him or whatever....

He just looked awfully confused to me... he must not be the brightest crayon in the box.
The video is authentic, because we know who released it, and we have known of it's existence for some time. The snippets that were released were of the questions relevant to the point of Mosley lying about his knowledge of what he was injecting and WHEN he knew it. Even in part 1 of the 24/7 special that just aired on HBO last week, they say that Mosley testified in front of a grand jury in 2003 that he UNKNOWINGLY took performance enhancing drugs.

I will say this much, it's clear that Victor Conte waited, and released this video to mess with Shane's head right before the fight. It's not like Conte is the best guy in the world either, but he has proven to me that these athletes who were involved with BALCO definitely knew what they were doing, just like Marion Jones.

I mean c'mon...It's not like what happened with Roy Jones when he was taking a supplement that he bought from GNC and it had a banned substance in it. You have to INJECT that stuff, and I always thought Mosley was full of crap when he said he didn't know.

I don't hate Shane or anything, but he clearly lied, and now there is proof of what I have been saying for a long time.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Easy to say he lied, I mean, unless you're "having fun" , it's easy to know what you're injecting isn't a flu shot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3740889

Quote:
NEW YORK -- "Sugar" Shane Mosley told a grand jury in 2003 that he injected himself with the doping agent EPO as he prepared for a fight against Oscar De La Hoya, according to court transcripts and doping calendars reviewed by the New York Daily News.

The transcript of the boxer's testimony was part of a BALCO file that was under a protective order before U.S. District Court Judge Susan Illston decided last Wednesday to allow prosecutors to share thousands of documents with Barry Bonds' lawyers.

Mosley has acknowledged using performance-enhancing drugs but has denied knowing the drugs were banned or illegal. His attorney, Judd Burstein, told the newspaper the testimony is consistent with what his client has said publicly.

"I am very relieved that this grand jury testimony has been released because it confirms that Shane has consistently recounted his dealings with [Victor] Conte from 2003 to today," Burstein said in a story posted on the paper's Web site Tuesday night.

Conte, the convicted steroids dealer who founded the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, has said he saw Mosley take EPO during a meeting in which Mosley was told the benefits and risks of performance-enhancing drugs and how to use them.

Mosley, who beat De La Hoya in the 2003 junior middleweight title bout, is expected to fight Antonio Margarito on Jan. 24 for the WBA welterweight championship.

Bonds' trial is scheduled to begin March 2. Baseball's career home run leader faces charges of making false statements and obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to a grand jury about whether he took performance-enhancing drugs. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Easy to say he lied, I mean, unless you're "having fun" , it's easy to know what you're injecting isn't a flu shot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3740889
It's not like injecting something into yourself would take anything away from you like a teaspoon of blood for some random testing would.

Yes, we know he "admitted" to it a few years ago, but that's not the point. He still tries to maintain that he didn't know it was banned from the sport. Now, there is no question that he was full of crap just from watching how he responds when being pressed about the time line of events.

Last edited by J.B.; 04-17-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Okay, here is what is supposed to be the entire version of the video released by Shane's lawyer.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyiusSlHDuY

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siTOPlalf0o

Shane has always maintained that he didn't know that what he was taking was banned from Boxing. I don't know how anybody can watch those videos and actually believe that.

It's in the past, and he has stepped up now to prove he is clean so I applaud him for that. Still, I think he should have just come clean from the beginning and apologized. Now it''s hung around like a black cloud and because he pressed forward with the defamation lawsuit against Conte, he has only dragged this on and made it worse.