Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
And that is where you are making the classic error.

I am making no error. There are things that some children should never experience, which psychologically can and does do damage.

Outstanding achievement should always be noticed. Just cause "you" came from a broken home or such.. doesn't mean you "deserve" anything more or less... and most keep the "bad stuff" away from the surface.

I dissagree.

Sure I do. Having read your posts for several years about some people and certain fighters.. sure I do.

No actually, you dont. You make some very large assumptions.

I was trying to be nice..

Pull the other one.

QFT! And let's keep it that way.
returns
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
returns
Of course there are something that childern should never have to see or go through.. but as adults, they rarely feel the need to be congradulated on surviving "what was normal for them".

Quote:
I dissagree.
That's cool.. your still wrong.. but you are free to be wrong.

Quote:
No actually, you dont. You make some very large assumptions.
So all the posts that I have read about poor ol Jens.. (because he is who you speak about most).. and all the other bad things that happen to good people.. you post about.. you don't feel bad about?? and then you don't feel good about feeling bad... And then you don't have the magnanimous feeling because you run through those emotions??

You thrive on other peoples historic suffering and current hardships.. (as long as you view it as some form of suffering).. or at the very least.. getting on your soap box to talk about other peoples .. and that makes you feel good, acknowleding and proclaiming their "rise from the gutter".

Quote:
Pull the other one.
I can easily be very nice to you Dave, but you are always so high minded and better than most.. (especially when you really aren't).

Your posts in the past have made me laugh out loud.. and have made me think... But after a few posts to a thread, it becomes about You, and what you know, and what you know of other people... And how right you are as opposed to others.

I have tried to be subtle in bringing this to your attention in the past.. and I have been blunt.. and I have been "mean".. now I am trying to be clinical.. I am offering you advise in what I (and I am CERTAIN... many others) see in you as a "flaw".. or an area to work on.

I am as blunt as a brick in the face in most areas.. it saves time, and prevents people from beliving what they want to belive about me if it is not the case (personal history causes that). That may not be the best way to be according to some.. but the people I am close to.. KNOW that I am unfailing loyal.. to the point of self determent.. but I also know that they return what is given.

You have accused me of being "mean", rude, and such.. if you weren't so self centered, and love pity so much.. you might have seen something else also.

But hey.. I "could" be completely wrong.....

Maybe at heart I am just an @22 and I hate the British


EDIT - And Condescending... I forgot condescending
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 04-16-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Of course there are something that childern should never have to see or go through.. but as adults, they rarely feel the need to be congradulated on surviving "what was normal for them".

It shouldnt have to be normal, and others suffering the same should hear and learn that there is more to life then being abused

That's cool.. your still wrong.. but you are free to be wrong.

I just have a different opinion. Thats all.

So all the posts that I have read about poor ol Jens.. (because he is who you speak about most).. and all the other bad things that happen to good people.. you post about.. you don't feel bad about?? and then you don't feel good about feeling bad... And then you don't have the magnanimous feeling because you run through those emotions??

Jens is quite different...with me he's an exception to almost every rule. My feelings about Jens started before I even knew he had come from a broken home. I didnt discover that til I read his biography....but you werent around on this forum when I first appeared, and first started mentioning Jens.

You thrive on other peoples historic suffering and current hardships.. (as long as you view it as some form of suffering).. or at the very least.. getting on your soap box to talk about other peoples .. and that makes you feel good, acknowleding and proclaiming their "rise from the gutter".

I dont actually understand what your saying, nor how this relates to the topic

I can easily be very nice to you Dave, but you are always so high minded and better than most.. (especially when you really aren't).

You have difficulties in interpretation of what I say sometimes, because you dont read what I say, and dont actually realize where I'm coming from. Tone is very difficult online, I suspect you read a force into my writings which arent infact there.

Your posts in the past have made me laugh out loud.. and have made me think... But after a few posts to a thread, it becomes about You, and what you know, and what you know of other people... And how right you are as opposed to others.

Everyone writes from their own perspective

I have tried to be subtle in bringing this to your attention in the past.. and I have been blunt.. and I have been "mean".. now I am trying to be clinical.. I am offering you advise in what I (and I am CERTAIN... many others) see in you as a "flaw".. or an area to work on.

are you mocking me, or do you really believe that I would consider you care at all about my Character or its growth. You call me out because I'm seen as some sort of target to overtake in meaningless arguments. Your not the only one. Its actually sad point scoring, and why? because you think anyone would really care in a battle of wits who would win? If your name aint Andreas, then I can tell you, I certainly dont care.

I am as blunt as a brick in the face in most areas.. it saves time, and prevents people from beliving what they want to belive about me if it is not the case (personal history causes that). That may not be the best way to be according to some.. but the people I am close to.. KNOW that I am unfailing loyal.. to the point of self determent.. but I also know that they return what is given.

I dont care about you, your past history, what you do, or what you say. If I did, I would have enquired. What is this, play on Loyalty because you know its a Virtue I hold dear

You have accused me of being "mean", rude, and such.. if you weren't so self centered, and love pity so much.. you might have seen something else also.

Oh Poor Spiritwalker, has he been misjudged by the evil Tyburn. Oh Shouldnt we all cry for how much work Spiritwalker has thankessly put into trying to help Tyburn develope in character. Poor Victim and Poor Martyr.

But hey.. I "could" be completely wrong.....

Maybe at heart I am just an @22 and I hate the British


EDIT - And Condescending... I forgot condescending
You seem to think that I actually care. What are you trying to do, tempting me to get to know you, in the hopes I might like you or something. What...you need a Tyburn stamp of approval or something.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
You seem to think that I actually care.
I know you care..

Quote:
What are you trying to do, tempting me to get to know you, in the hopes I might like you or something. What...you need a Tyburn stamp of approval or something.
Not at all. Your the one that focres your self on everyone with your video blogs and your book long posts and "how educated" you are.. smart and wordly.. insightful and sensitive..


I was just taking the same steps that other have tried many times, but being a bit more bold.

so be it.. I tried. Not anymore. Enjoy your ignorance.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I know you care..

See thats where your wrong.

Not at all. Your the one that focres your self on everyone with your video blogs and your book long posts and "how educated" you are.. smart and wordly.. insightful and sensitive..

I do video blogs for the fun of it. I dont force them onto anyone. I address each topic as I feel the need...because this is a Forum...what else are you supposed to do?

I was just taking the same steps that other have tried many times, but being a bit more bold.


so be it.. I tried. Not anymore. Enjoy your ignorance.
returns
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Blade
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Tyburn, this guy has a cartoon tiger drawn on him, don't take him too seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Fear not Blade...I wont ask how you know that tidbit btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Tyburn, this guy has a cartoon tiger drawn on him, don't take him too seriously.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Tyburn, this guy has a cartoon tiger drawn on him, don't take him too seriously.
Wow.. you defending Dave..... makes me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thMm-7RFsm0

Last edited by Chuck; 04-17-2010 at 03:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-17-2010, 03:17 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Tyburn, this guy has a cartoon tiger drawn on him, don't take him too seriously.
"cartoon"????

Do some research on tigers and their symbolism. Specifically within the martial arts... I have plans to have the crane done next.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.