Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Unhappy 98th Memorial of RMS Titanic Sinking.

The RMS Titanic was actually one of a Trio. There were three built. The RMS Titanic which sunk enroute to America when she hit an iceberg. She was for all intense and purposes a crusieliner The Second was called HMHS Britannic. She sank when she hit a mine during the first world war One, she was a floating Hospital basically...and YES there is the infamous story about the Woman who was a passenger on the Titanic, but was rescued...only to be working aboard the Britannic when she sank (the woman suvived both )

The Third was called The Olympic. She ran her course until decomissioned not long before the Second World War.

nearly 2000 people died because the ship didnt have enough lifeboats...at the time that was lawful. The people to die were mainly men, or third class passengers...England had very strict ettiquette, meaning Women and Children first, Men Second...and First Class, before anyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uc01ASDJT8
Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Miss Foxy

The Titanic is something very dear to my heart!!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
The Titanic is something very dear to my heart!!
Why? Were some of your Family onboard I know that sounds like a sarcastic comment...but I'm really serious. The people on board werent going to America for a Holiday...most of them were going to Settle I believe.

There was Lady Duff-Gordon, she was onboard, but she survived. Not sure how close a relative she is to us...trust a first class woman to double-barrel her name for added confusion.

I dont know much about her, except she was some business entreprenour with an extremely bad 'tude.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

But I have just found a passenger list....
Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
But I have just found a passenger list....
Not that I know of none of my family was aboard.. I just have always been fascinated with Titanic even before the movie.. I was told in a past life I drowned on a boat. I don't believe it though, but then again who knows!!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
during the first world war One
I didn't know there were multiple world war ones
Old 04-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Not that I know of none of my family was aboard.. I just have always been fascinated with Titanic even before the movie.. I was told in a past life I drowned on a boat. I don't believe it though, but then again who knows!!
Well I dont believe in reincarnation. I do believe in Race Memories...but the Titanic Disastor is a little too small, and a little to recent for that

PM me a Surname, and I can check the records...course...I cant tell you if they survived or not...I only found the Original passanger list.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I didn't know there were multiple world war ones
I forgot I wrote First when I wrote One
Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Well I dont believe in reincarnation. I do believe in Race Memories...but the Titanic Disastor is a little too small, and a little to recent for that

PM me a Surname, and I can check the records...course...I cant tell you if they survived or not...I only found the Original passanger list.
Schneider
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Schneider
Nope. Not that spelling. There was a Mr and Mrs Snyder, First class, from England, He made it and settled with his wife in Minneapolis, Minnesota...died of Heart Faliure in July 1959...he's burried in Lakewood Cemetary. Born John Pillsbury Snyder in 1888.

They were Americans already though...they were returning from a Honeymoon in England.

His Wife...Nellie, originally Stevenson, died of the same, the year after I was born...She was 94 years old Born American from Wisconsin.

There is no other variation of the name onboard