Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 AM
JA Yount

Default Petruzelli Ready For BAMMA Then UFC

"Silverback" Seeking Return To Mountain
Quote:
All roads lead to the UFC. At least that is what every mixed martial artist would hope. Unfortunately for most fighters, that is not the case. Some will spend their entire careers trying to make it to the big leagues and never arrive at their destination. Others get an opportunity and make the most of it with a successful run. Then there are the ones who make it, but find the road to be a bit bumpy and before they know it, they are farther away than when they started. That last road may be the toughest road of all. Seth Petruzelli is currently at the edge of a journey he has already traveled, waiting. However, not one to sit idly by, “The Silverback” has recently taken the steps to once again reach his goal.

Seth Petruzelli made it to the big stage as one of “The Ultimate Fighter” season two contestants. He earned his reputation by being an undersized heavyweight that just could not be put away. Once the show was over Petruzelli began training for what he hoped to be a successful in the UFC.

Various injuries would postpone his debut, but when he finally made his first appearance Petruzelli faced off with season three contestant Matt Hamill. After a competitive battle, in which Petruzelli stunned Hamill at one point in the fight, he lost a unanimous decision. Petruzelli took a fight outside of the UFC then returned a few months later, where he would be submitted by Wilson Gouveia.

Now currently on a three fight win streak, including his famous 14 second stoppage of Kimbo Slice, Petruzelli looks to return to the octagon more motivated than ever. His next bout will be against Ryan White at BAMMA 3 on May 15 in Birminham, England. “The Silverback” recently took a few minutes to discuss his career and upcoming fight with MMA Spot’s Luis Cruz.

Quote:
Luis Cruz: What can you tell us about your next fight and opponent?
Petruzelli: My upcoming fight is for BAMMA in Birmingham, England. I don't know much about my opponent, Ryan White, other than he's a limey bastard. I'll be looking for the KO early.
Quote:
LC: So you’d be willing a move up to heavyweight just to get that rematch?
SP: For sure. I’ll dispel the hype twice if I have to.

LC: A little while ago Kimbo had replied to your remarks, that he ducked a rematch with you or didn’t sign the contract that was offered. He stated you should be careful what you say because you don’t live far from each other in Florida and he can go to your “sissy ice cream shop” and handle it on the street. Care to respond?
SP: It’s not that hard to find me, just look for the “sissy ice cream shop” or my gym, and stop on in. I can be “street” if I need to be.
Quote:
For more on Seth Petruzelli, check him out, add him, and interact with him on Facebook or follow him on Twitter.
Check out the full article at http://www.mmaspot.net/index.php/red...n_to_mountain/
Old 04-18-2010, 08:09 AM
sender

haha I like seth seems like a standup guy