Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I will always support Roy no matter what, and I actually wanted to see it happen last year, but not now.
same here but I would still tune in and watch it. maybe to make it interesting they could have RJJ and Hendo take on Silva in a tag match. they can take turns doing boxing and MMA. Now that would be an event
Old 04-15-2010, 01:29 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
same here but I would still tune in and watch it. maybe to make it interesting they could have RJJ and Hendo take on Silva in a tag match. they can take turns doing boxing and MMA. Now that would be an event
Then Dana White and Brock Lesnar can run in from the crowd and beat them all down with steel chairs and proclaim that they have bought out Strikeforce and they are here to start the U.W.O.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Breakfast View Post
Silva vs Toney:
In an MMA match, Silva wins easily.
In a Boxing match, Toney wrecks Silva.
I disagree with the "wrecks" part... I think Toney would win in a boxing match but you can't hit what you can't catch. I think Anderson's movement would help him avoid quite a bit of damage. AS would lose.. but I doubt he would get wrecked.. or crushed or whatever.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Maldonado136

i dont believe this for a second. you really think he would give orgs like strikeforce a chance to nab one of the best fighters in the world and someone who has had some of the most entertaining finishes when he chooses to? dana also said rich would fight randy but that was obviously a lie.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Dana White is such a jerk.. Grrr he makes me sick. Go ahead and cut Spider his fans will follow him either way!!
umm He has fans after his last couple of title fights
Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I disagree with the "wrecks" part... I think Toney would win in a boxing match but you can't hit what you can't catch. I think Anderson's movement would help him avoid quite a bit of damage. AS would lose.. but I doubt he would get wrecked.. or crushed or whatever.
It's a different game though...

I know this is flame material, but I do believe that A-level boxers have a better chance of "getting lucky" and knocking somebody out in an MMA match than an MMA-level Boxer has of coming into Boxing and being successful.

Last edited by J.B.; 04-15-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's a different game though...

I know this is flame material, but I do believe that A-level boxers have a better chance of "getting lucky" and knocking somebody out in an MMA match than an MMA-level Boxer has of coming into Boxing and being successful.
It think toney will get outstruck by a good striker even in the UFC... Boxers usually lose when you throw knees and kicks in there... Look at Francois botha he was a contender for the hw title then went to k1 and lost like 9/10 fights!!! I think Silva would ko toney.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
It think toney will get outstruck by a good striker even in the UFC... Boxers usually lose when you throw knees and kicks in there... Look at Francois botha he was a contender for the hw title then went to k1 and lost like 9/10 fights!!! I think Silva would ko toney.
I see what you are saying, and I agree with it, but that's not really where my point was intended.

I meant that if you look at the level of Boxing prowess amongst MMA's elite fighters it would not always be able to translate into professional Boxing and really be successful. While an A-Level Boxer who has been throwing hands his whole life will always have that chance of catching a one punch KO with 4oz gloves on. I know it's a subjective viewpoint, and that's why I figured I would get flamed for saying it, but it's just how I see it.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
And i'm suppose to feel bad for the guy and all the trouble hes been having with streaming events and piracy... lol

As for Tuf I stopped watching that pile of crap for years now. Matt is the only reason I watched it in the past. Ghosthunters, Destination Truth and Mythbusters are so much better.
+1
Old 04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
umm He has fans after his last couple of title fights
He sure does!! I think everyone is overdoing it already. He wasnt that rude and obviously no one is giving him a fight whats he supposed to do?