Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-15-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Strikeforce is on the phone now saying Dance baby Dance..
I don't think Anderson fights for just money though. I think his antics had to do with who he was facing at the time and if he deamed them as a legit threat. If he TRIES to get cut and goes to Strikeforce, who is there for him? A lot less than the UFC LHW Division.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
I don't think Anderson fights for just money though. I think his antics had to do with who he was facing at the time and if he deamed them as a legit threat. If he TRIES to get cut and goes to Strikeforce, who is there for him? A lot less than the UFC LHW Division.
Three words. Roy Jones Jr. And you know Strikeforce and CBS would make it happen.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:46 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
And i'm suppose to feel bad for the guy and all the trouble hes been having with streaming events and piracy... lol

As for Tuf I stopped watching that pile of crap for years now. Matt is the only reason I watched it in the past. Ghosthunters, Destination Truth and Mythbusters are so much better.
They will never stop all the streams or pirates. Joe Biden tried with the DMCA and it's still as big as it ever was. The only thing they can hope to do to put a dent in people who search for streams is start offering a lower-cost alternative to fans online who don't have access to PPV or cannot afford it, and even then SOME people will stream it for free.

The only time I was actually interested in TUF was when Matt was on the show. Don't get me wrong, it has it's moments that are cool, but it's really gotten old.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Crisco

I wouldn't doubt DFW on this one. He is stating it out there too strongly for him to not back it up. Dana will not cut his contract he will hold him in limbo as long as he can.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Three words. Roy Jones Jr. And you know Strikeforce and CBS would make it happen.
I don't see any scenario playing out where that actually happens.

Roy never had any interest in Silva until the whole idea of the two guys having a Boxing match came up. Roy would not be getting himself into an MMA fight, and the idea of Roy Jones Boxing anybody else at this point is pretty much out of the question. Roy has already hinted that he is done, and he knows that WE ALL KNOW he should be. I HATE saying this with a passion, but the legs just aren't there anymore and he has no business fighting young guys like Anderson with something to prove, Boxing match or not. He doesn't need the money, and he has nothing to prove, but you never know with Roy because it seems like he just loves to fight and compete so much that the itch just never goes away.

If I were Anderson Silva, I would be pissed at Dana White right now for not letting me cash in on the opportunity I had a YEAR ago. People would have certainly tuned in to see that happen around this time last year, now nobody would want to see that happen.

Anderson Silva vs James Toney interests me, and that is actually plausible.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:02 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Roy never had any interest in Silva until the whole idea of the two guys having a Boxing match came up. Roy would not be getting himself into an MMA fight, and the idea of Roy Jones Boxing anybody else at this point is pretty much out of the question. Roy has already hinted that he is done, and he knows that WE ALL KNOW he should be. I HATE saying this with a passion, but the legs just aren't there anymore and he has no business fighting young guys like Anderson with something to prove, Boxing match or not. He doesn't need the money, and he has nothing to prove, but you never know with Roy because it seems like he just loves to fight and compete so much that the itch just never goes away.

If I were Anderson Silva, I would be pissed at Dana White right now for not letting me cash in on the opportunity I had a YEAR ago. People would have certainly tuned in to see that happen around this time last year, now nobody would want to see that happen.

Toney would be interesting and it could happen. I was not talking about an MMA fight. I would bet that Strikeforce and CBS would put in an MMA event with a Jones Jr vs Silva boxing match at the main event and Im sure it would draw tons of viewers. Will it happen, prob not, but there is always a chance.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Country Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Silva vs Toney:
In an MMA match, Silva wins easily.
In a Boxing match, Toney wrecks Silva.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I wouldn't doubt DFW on this one. He is stating it out there too strongly for him to not back it up. Dana will not cut his contract he will hold him in limbo as long as he can.
He has stated a lot of things very strongly that weren't true.

If Dana wants Silva gone, the best thing he can do is find somebody to come in and destroy him in my opinion.

Now, if Dana wants to set a precedent by making an example out of Silva, then he needs to be prepared to be held accountable by critics for double standards in a business that is constantly walking a thin-line between sports and entertainment. It's not really a win/win situation, but in a way that is the genius of hypemen like Dana. No matter what happens, he will find a way to spin it, and his followers will eat it up.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Breakfast View Post
Silva vs Toney:
In an MMA match, Silva wins easily.
In a Boxing match, Toney wrecks Silva.
I would say that's true.

The UFC has Toney under contract now, and that would certainly be entertaining because James Toney is one of the all time greatest smack-talkers ever. Still, I doubt it happens without a unique set of circumstances coming to fruition.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Toney would be interesting and it could happen. I was not talking about an MMA fight. I would bet that Strikeforce and CBS would put in an MMA event with a Jones Jr vs Silva boxing match at the main event and Im sure it would draw tons of viewers. Will it happen, prob not, but there is always a chance.
I will always support Roy no matter what, and I actually wanted to see it happen last year, but not now.