Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Rackin

I would like to see BJ Maynord with KFLow getting the title shot. Winner of BJ Kenny Maynord gets who has the title at that time.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 AM
TLC

I'm sorry, but I think it's pathetic that BJ's gettign an immediate rematch. That's incredibly disrespectful to Edgar! They're essentially saying "that win doesn't really count because it was just a fluke!" Time and again Edgar was in...landed his punches...and was out before BJ could do much of anything!...and let's nto forget that Edgar scored takedowns on a guy that is extremely difficult to put on the ground.

NO ONE should get an immediate rematch after losing the belt (unless it's some genuine freak occurence like when Couture got his eyelid cut open). BJ should have to win two fights before he gets another title shot. Not doing so not only disrespects Edgar, but everyone else in the devision.

I also don't agree that Maynard doesn't deserve a shot. Granted, some of his wins have not come in the most exciting fashion, but they're wins. No way someone who suffured a loss in his last fight should jump ahead of someone who's clealry put the time in and strung together a succession of wins.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
NO ONE should get an immediate rematch after losing the belt (unless it's some genuine freak occurence like when Couture got his eyelid cut open).
Old 04-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
Whatever happened to that Tyson Griffon fella
I say Griffin first...Penn second
Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I say Griffin first...Penn second
Why Griffin? If anyone should get a title shot before Penn it should be Maynard. Maynard is the only person to beat Edgar and has yes to lose in the UFC. Griffin is only on a 2 fight win streak, why should he even be mentioned in the title picture?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Why Griffin? If anyone should get a title shot before Penn it should be Maynard. Maynard is the only person to beat Edgar and has yes to lose in the UFC. Griffin is only on a 2 fight win streak, why should he even be mentioned in the title picture?
Maynard should have even won his last decision! and Griffin is a little like Frankie Edgar...the two are know for taking names they shouldnt be able to beat.

So...Griffin first, Penn second...and possibly maynard third IMHO
Old 04-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
and Griffin is a little like Frankie Edgar...the two are know for taking names they shouldnt be able to beat.
What????? He has one win over a big name, Faber, and two losses against his next biggest opponents, Edgar and Sherk. Where does that idea that he beats people he shouldn't be able to come from?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
What????? He has one win over a big name, Faber, and two losses against his next biggest opponents, Edgar and Sherk. Where does that idea that he beats people he shouldn't be able to come from?
Urijah Faber
Duane Ludwig
Marcus Aurelio
Hermes Franca

...and I believe he once fought Frankie Edgar...but seeing as Frankie Edgar takes names...guess who won