Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-12-2010, 06:11 PM

C'mon now, JB, I just want to hate on Anderson a little longer...

I watched the post-fight interview that Irish Pride posted. I wish Anderson would get a simultaneous translator if he is going to give long and rambling answers. It was kind of funny that he would speak at length and Ed summed it up in 12 words or less.

IMO, it was just an excuse to say that Damien dissed him, he didn't have hardly any trash talk before the fight compared to say...BJ and Frankie. I think Anderson is so full of himself that he just doesn't care what anyone thinks of his actions. Can you guys imagine Matt putting on a bizarre show like Anderson did? It reminded me of Ali when he would taunt his opponents and use windmilling and the rope-a-dope...but all to excess after a while. I got to the point that I yearned to see the incredible athlete over the court jester. I guess Anderson's antics were part of his strategy but they left a bad taste.

I guess I'd put it a little differently than Spirit and say Silva is a great fighter but he chose not to fight great.

Oh well, the important thing is that Matt won.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

I watched the post-fight interview that Irish Pride posted. I wish Anderson would get a simultaneous translator if he is going to give long and rambling answers. It was kind of funny that he would speak at length and Ed summed it up in 12 words or less.

IMO, it was just an excuse to say that Damien dissed him, he didn't have hardly any trash talk before the fight compared to say...BJ and Frankie. I think Anderson is so full of himself that he just doesn't care what anyone thinks of his actions. Can you guys imagine Matt putting on a bizarre show like Anderson did? It reminded me of Ali when he would taunt his opponents and use windmilling and the rope-a-dope...but all to excess after a while. I got to the point that I yearned to see the incredible athlete over the court jester. I guess Anderson's antics were part of his strategy but they left a bad taste.

I guess I'd put it a little differently than Spirit and say Silva is a great fighter but he chose not to fight great.

Wait, Matt won???
Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I will make the comparison. You saying it isn't reasonable doesn't make it so. Ah well, keep spewing my friend, have fun trying to stir the pot. It is kind of amusing.
You need to tone the rhetoric down a smidgen. I am not attacking anybody, just stating my opinions.

If you have read anything I have said across the countless number of pointless threads on this topic or ever even had a discussion with me on this forum you would know that I am not stirring the pot, but rather standing firm on an opinion I have held for a long time.

Playing the game Silva played is not "WWE", no matter how much you say it is.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
People really need to let it go.

If you don't like Silva, don't buy the cards he is on.

(although you will all likely buy it even quicker now at the thought he may lose)
Exactly!! I am so over people hating on good fighters.. Including myself hating on GSP.. wait..Im not that over it..
Old 04-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Wait, Matt won???
Old 04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

Everybody is different. Who are we to say what should or should not irritate Silva.

I also really wish people (not singling you out Flo) would stop comparing him to Ali. Joe Rogan/Mike Goldberg are turd-burglars for planting that seed, but that's hardly a big deal.

I can get why there are gonna be people who loathe Anderson, but I don't have any problem with the guy. He may have a little chip on his shoulder, but he has earned the right to be a little cocky when he wants to be, and for me it all works.

There is NO perfect personality for any sport. Colin Cowherd said it best when talking about athletes who are percieved as "thugs" or "cocky" by the fans. You got guys like Eli Manning who are "awww shucks" and people rip him but they love him at the same time. Then you got guys like Ochocinco who showboats and people love/hate him too, then you got Kurt Warner who is really laid back at it's the same thing. Nobody can please all you crazy people.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:59 PM

This is just my opinion but....

Sorry guys, but if you enjoyed this performance then you were probably a bully in highschool, I say this because it's one thing to dominate someone with skill, it's quite another to taunt and humiliate or be verbally abusive to someone and Silva made a fool of himself by doing this. Anderson Silva is a punk, plain and simple, a bully and I hope someone takes the title from him soon because he's certainly not as good as he believes himself to be (potential is another story) and thats clear after watching yet ANOTHER lackluster title defense.

I've watched this fight acouple times now because I wanted to accuratly gauge how I really felt, I mean, after something like this you walk away with alot of emotion and you don't think rationaly. So I watched it and realized that he didn't do nearly as good as people think, the mighty Silva was actually alittle sloppy and not only that but as the fight went on he lost steam, he couldn't finish Maia and lost his punk heart as a result of that (I love how people pretend that silva could have finished Maia at anytime but just didn't for some reason),he couldn't find his range and it ended with Maia on the advance.

I'm becoming a fan of Demians, he's always been one of my favorite grapplers but now I'm beginning to really enjoy him as an MMA fighter aswell. He went in there, took what Anderson had to offer and came on strong in the end. I mean the dude's eye was sealed shut, his face was busted, nose broke and he was staring one of the best fighters in world directly in the eye and he didn't quit, he was unaffraid.....he was swinging from his knees for crying outloud. To top it off, after the fight he showed Anderson respect even though the spider didn't deserve it.

Last edited by Psykojojo; 04-12-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo View Post
He went in there, took what Anderson had to offer and came on strong in the end. I mean the dude's eye was sealed shut, his face was busted, nose broke and he was staring one of the best fighters in world directly in the eye and he didn't quit, he was unaffraid and swining from his knees. To top it off, after the fight he showed Anderson respect even though the spider didn't deserve it.
+1
Old 04-12-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Everybody is different. Who are we to say what should or should not irritate Silva.

I also really wish people (not singling you out Flo) would stop comparing him to Ali. Joe Rogan/Mike Goldberg are turd-burglars for planting that seed, but that's hardly a big deal.

I can get why there are gonna be people who loathe Anderson, but I don't have any problem with the guy. He may have a little chip on his shoulder, but he has earned the right to be a little cocky when he wants to be, and for me it all works.

There is NO perfect personality for any sport. Colin Cowherd said it best when talking about athletes who are percieved as "thugs" or "cocky" by the fans. You got guys like Eli Manning who are "awww shucks" and people rip him but they love him at the same time. Then you got guys like Ochocinco who showboats and people love/hate him too, then you got Kurt Warner who is really laid back at it's the same thing. Nobody can please all you crazy people.
I hear you, JB...difference of opinion is what keeps the conversation lively, eh?

Actually, I'm a big fan of Anderson, I guess that's why I was let down by his performance (and Maia's too, for that matter).
Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I hear you, JB...difference of opinion is what keeps the conversation lively, eh?

Actually, I'm a big fan of Anderson, I guess that's why I was let down by his performance (and Maia's too, for that matter).
I think Anderson is bored honestly. Yeah the fight wasnt all that I don't think any of them were.