Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

BTW.. I created this thread about the "disrespect" Andy claimed that Maia heaped upon him.. and that being the reason he acted like a fool....

Does anyone have any information on Andy actualyy being disrespected????

If Maia called him over rated.. made personal comment about him.. something.. cause I want to know what Andy is talking about.. at least then I could give him some respect.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:46 PM
KevinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
When did the ref warn him?

Oh yeah, you mean with 60 seconds left in the fight when Anderson had already pitched a virtual shutout.

Don't come at me with the WWE comments just because I have different view. If you are going to make a comparison, at least make it reasonable and logical. Anderson Silva using bait and hook tactics is not anything like the WWE. It's part of the fight game, and if you don't like it, don't watch him fight. Not much more to say about it.

I will make the comparison. You saying it isn't reasonable doesn't make it so. Ah well, keep spewing my friend, have fun trying to stir the pot. It is kind of amusing.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:50 PM
KevinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
BTW.. I created this thread about the "disrespect" Andy claimed that Maia heaped upon him.. and that being the reason he acted like a fool....

Does anyone have any information on Andy actualyy being disrespected????

If Maia called him over rated.. made personal comment about him.. something.. cause I want to know what Andy is talking about.. at least then I could give him some respect.
Maia referred to Anderson's nickname as the Spider and having 8 legs. He said he just needed one to take home with him, or words to that effect.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
Maia referred to Anderson's nickname as the Spider and having 8 legs. He said he just needed one to take home with him, or words to that effect.
Right.. it's absure to think that would really tick him off..

"What seems to have irked Silva more, however, was Maia’s pre-fight remark about trying to take one of “The Spider’s” eight limbs home with him. This obviously wasn’t intended as a literal prediction by Maia, who presumably knows that Silva isn’t an actual spider any more than Keith Jardine is an actual dean at the prestigious Mean University, but rather it was a bit of word play expressly for the purposes of the pre-fight hype reel."

So Andy is so good.. it's impossible that Maia could have sub'ed him??? Andy Silva the UFC Middleweight Bauble
Old 04-12-2010, 05:57 PM
KevinD

Spiritwalker, don't get me wrong...I find it rediculous that this could offend Silva. Its a poor excuse to a terrible display in the cage.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
Spiritwalker, don't get me wrong...I find it rediculous that this could offend Silva. Its a poor excuse to a terrible display in the cage.
I completely agree!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:06 PM
logrus

Quote:
]People really need to let it go.

If you don't like Silva, don't buy the cards he is on.

tell that to Dana White and the folks that pay this man's salary to do a job.
He did his job well, He stopped Maia from taking the belt. If you have a problem go see Maia and his inability to do anything active for 5 rounds. Seriously you cant win a title only throwing 11 punches and only landing 1 in the first 13mins of a fight.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post

He did his job well, He stopped Maia from taking the belt. If you have a problem go see Maia and his inability to do anything active for 5 rounds. Seriously you cant win a title only throwing 11 punches and only landing 1 in the first 13mins of a fight.
Well.. I am reading your sig right now..
Old 04-12-2010, 06:09 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Well.. I am reading your sig right now..
Ehh, on that night he was just a good fighter, and not a great fighter.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
KevinD

You can't be a great champion by running around the cage, hiding behind the ref and refusing to engage your opponent for the last half of the fight.