Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
StizzoFoShizzo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja View Post
Yeah, but win, lose or draw, nobody is booing his fights.
Only for the simple fact that the UAE crowd was way more educated and made North American fans look like a bunch of mouth breathing blowhards. I think that was easily the beSt crowd for a numbered event. There were spots in that BJ/Edgar fight that would have been boo'd by a north American crowd. I was really impressed with the fans at this event, especially during Andersons fight. They were a very educated crowd that knew when to show respect and when to get on a fighter.

Last edited by StizzoFoShizzo; 04-12-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 PM
eric84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
So are you saying that Edgar does not have BJ's number? That perhaps it was only a fluke that Edgar won and that you are hereby the captain of the BJ excuse wagon express?
I wouldn't call it a "fluke" just because he still feels BJ is still the best LW. Edgar that night got the decision(which I disagree with), but the thing is, we didn't see the BJ we normally do. His cardio was not the same as it was his previous 2 fights, and I don't feel like it had anything to do with Frankie. The diego fight was pretty fast going and he exerted a lot more energy in that fight, yet at the end of 5 rounds he was just fine. Also before he started to look tired he was winning the fight(No doubt in my mind he won the first 2 rounds).

Edgar got the decision, congratulations to him, he definitely shocked most the MMA world. But if they were to fight again I would still call Frankie a big underdog. I would expect BJ to come out and beat him in devastating fashion. If then Frankie still beat him, I would question BJ as best LW, or that Frankie has his number.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:32 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo View Post
Only for the simple fact that the UAE crowd was way more educated and made North American fans look like a bunch of mouth breathing blowhards. I think that was easily the bet crowd for a numbered event. There were spots in that BJ/Edgar fight that would have been boo'd by a north American crowd. I was really impressed with the fans at this event, especially during Andersons fight. They were a very educated crowd that knew when to show respect and when to get on a fighter.


Those fans were just as dumb as the ones here.

How does knowing when to boo make you more educated? That crap is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think that only a jackass would boo a fighter who risks his life to entertain you. Or whats even better are the keyboard warriors who are calling Silva a "bitch" or saying GSP has no heart. I would pay 5 times the cost of a normal UFC to watch some of these fools get in there and get their asses beat by Silva or GSP.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
Edgar got the decision, congratulations to him, he definitely shocked most the MMA world. But if they were to fight again I would still call Frankie a big underdog. I would expect BJ to come out and beat him in devastating fashion. If then Frankie still beat him, I would question BJ as best LW, or that Frankie has his number.

I am not a Baby Jay fan at all.. but he has great skills...

I have always liked Edgar... but there was NO WAY I saw all 5 rounds for Frank... no way..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

So you already know that RNC is captain of the BJ excuse for losing ship right?

TOP EXCUSES FOR BJ by nuthuggers who sound like BJ's mom

"If BJ got another chance it would be different"
"It depends on which BJ shows up"
"BJ didn't work on his cardio enough"
"the judges scored it wrong"

Basically it's because BJ failed himself, not because the other guy kicked his arse.

Frankie Edgar hit BJ more than BJ hit him, aaanndd was the agressor and more skilled opponent. BJ barely scratched Edgar. Edgar was the better fighter, and I think IS the overall better fighter, period.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
billwilliams70
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
...was indestructible...unstoppable? That he would dominate the LW landscape till it dried up and he had no other option than to move up to WW because there was NOBODY who could give him a proper challenge in the LW division.

I mean, that's what I've been hearing peoplehere say for months
Yup. I heard it too.

I also heard people talking about how dominating Chuck was before he fought Rampage or how dominating Matt was before he fought against Penn the first time or GSP the second and third times.

The point is that dominating fighters lose, it happens.

Later.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Yup. I heard it too.

I also heard people talking about how dominating Chuck was before he fought Rampage or how dominating Matt was before he fought against Penn the first time or GSP the second and third times.

The point is that dominating fighters lose, it happens.

Later.
Right.

Which is it is kind of dumb to state things like "NOBODY WILL EVER STOP BJ PENN IN THE LW DIVISION", and he will "ROLL THROUGH EVERYONE PUT IN HIS PATH"

People start sounding like Joe Rogan when they do that
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
StizzoFoShizzo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post


Those fans were just as dumb as the ones here.

How does knowing when to boo make you more educated? That crap is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think that only a jackass would boo a fighter who risks his life to entertain you. Or whats even better are the keyboard warriors who are calling Silva a "bitch" or saying GSP has no heart. I would pay 5 times the cost of a normal UFC to watch some of these fools get in there and get their asses beat by Silva or GSP.
So your saying that because A person watches mma they can't critisize a fighter because they don't fight themselves? What's the point of being a fan then? This situation is totally different than the GSP fight too. GSP spent the whole fight engaged with his opponent but Andy didn't risk anything in that fight. I'm not one to ever boo someone for anything, but if ever there was a time, andersons fight was it. I am an Anderson fan, but I was let down by that fight. Only because we all know what the man is capable of, and that wasn't it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
So you already know that RNC is captain of the BJ excuse for losing ship right?

TOP EXCUSES FOR BJ by nuthuggers who sound like BJ's mom

"If BJ got another chance it would be different"
"It depends on which BJ shows up"
"BJ didn't work on his cardio enough"
"the judges scored it wrong"

Basically it's because BJ failed himself, not because the other guy kicked his arse.

Frankie Edgar hit BJ more than BJ hit him, aaanndd was the agressor and more skilled opponent. BJ barely scratched Edgar. Edgar was the better fighter, and I think IS the overall better fighter, period.

huh??? you referring to me?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo View Post
So your saying that because A person watches mma they can't critisize a fighter because they don't fight themselves? What's the point of being a fan then? This situation is totally different than the GSP fight too. GSP spent the whole fight engaged with his opponent but Andy didn't risk anything in that fight. I'm not one to ever boo someone for anything, but if ever there was a time, andersons fight was it. I am an Anderson fan, but I was let down by that fight. Only because we all know what the man is capable of, and that wasn't it.

I LOVE IT!!!!

Andy Silva.. sounds like he should be the Sheriff of Mayberry....
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.