Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 AM
MMeh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All I can say is Anderson Silva's deeds don't square with his words. He tries to come off as a humble, dedicated guy who wants to put on a show, and then he puts on performances like tonight and the Cote/Leites fights. The sad thing is he's a great talent, but I don't really see a need to pay to watch him fight again. Unfortunately, this takes away from good performances from Hughes and Edgar, since most of the talk is about how bad the Spider was.

This is also one of the few times I'm 100% behind Dana White. Abu Dhabi rolled out the red carpet for the UFC, grappling is required in the school system, all in all, it' a market that UFC and/or Strikeforce would be happy to secure. For Silva to put on a non-performance like that is even more glaring for the UFC given those circumstances.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM
ufcfan2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dana needs just to permantely move AS to LHW division as clearly there is noone at 185 that can challenge AS...Though I want to see AS v. Vitor first if that were ever too happen.
AS v. Vitor for final 185 fight..

Then AS v. Shogun for LHW championship title fight
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-11-2010, 02:17 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I really wish the ref would've started deducting points as soon as Silva started showboating, forcing Silva to straighten up and actually start fighting or lose. Either way problem solved.
or even better, implement the yellow card system pride had ... losing 10% of your purse for every card would make sure everyone stops stalling and showboating ...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
````````````````````````Spoilers`````````````````` ````````````````































Well, they aren't necessarily QUESTIONS but two things I noticed and wanted to see if anyone else noticed.


1. The scores were not announced, it was just announced as a win for Anderson. Never seen that happen before.

2. Dana White did NOT strap the belt around Anderson's waist. It was given to Ed Soares by some bald guy that looked like one of the other refs?, and Ed gave it to Anderson. .....WOW what a statement! (not sarcastic)

Edit: Dana mentioned my number 2 in his interview: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...1212&zoneid=13
I expected to hear Dana White be annoyed...but in the interview I saw with that fool of a interviewer...he sounded actually sad, like upset
__________________

Last edited by Tyburn; 04-11-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Dana has also said what upsets him most is that Anderson Silva refuses to appologise... which...after doing this thrice in four matches...you know...counter striker or not...game plan or not...you'd still appologise if you cared at all, or were at all humble.

...what about the fans who supported him through it? what about those on this site who came out in his defence...what kind of fighter does what he does...and then doesnt think they have anything to appologise...does Taunts...showboating, failing to live up to your potential...and LAUGHING AND MOCKING your opponent in a main event in a new country...not qualify for an appology??

Matt Hughes manages to extend a hand to Gracie during the middle of a fight..and then he finishes it...

Who cares about Golden Belts...one is a Champion...the other is simply not. Dont you just long for the past generation of Kings sometimes...would you EVER have seen that sort of behaviour from Rich Franklin? EVER?? No...you never would have.

In a Match you wouldnt even see such appauling sportsmanship from BJ Penn...at least he has the decency to quit the smack when the cage door closes. Horrible character...but he doesnt Mock, or laugh at, his opponent in the cage.

They should Strip him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I really wish the ref would've started deducting points as soon as Silva started showboating, forcing Silva to straighten up and actually start fighting or lose. Either way problem solved.
I think they should have given the ref the ability to disqualify. That would have shut him up good and proper.

and your NEW UFC Middleweight Champion by DISQUALIFICATION Demian Maia.

Thats how Dana should play this...he should put Anderson in another title match and tell him the Ref WILL disqualify him if he dares not live up to his potential ...and then for the life of my I hope Anderson calls their bluff and gets it in the head
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Boo-Hoo...whaaa whaaa

Anderson Silva is the man.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
I think you're on your own J.B
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-11-2010, 04:19 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
or even better, implement the yellow card system pride had ... losing 10% of your purse for every card would make sure everyone stops stalling and showboating ...
Id give a bunch to Dame for not throwing much in round 1 2 3 4 5. Even when Silva came out in handcuffs Dame didnt want to throw a punch lol.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Silva-Maia.html

Only 20 punches total, I could throw more.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I think you're on your own J.B
I could care less, quite honestly.

I am not going to be a hypocrite or a liar and act like what Silva did really bothered me. I have held the same opinions on all this nonsense that repeatedly gets beaten to death. From "killer instinct" to "show-boating".

It's another case of fight fans wanting it both ways. They want this to be a "fight" when guys don't "excite" them enough, but then they wanna get all bent out of shape about professionalism when a guy starts jawing a little bit. Silva felt disrespected by Maia and he wanted to teach him a lesson, end of story.

If you don't like the razzle dazzle that Silva puts on, that is fine. You don't have to like it. However it's not ALL for show. It's a part of his gameplan to lure fighters in and get inside their head. It's an unorthodox style that I happen to enjoy watching, and have enjoyed for over 15 years when Roy Jones was dominating Boxing in the same way.

Then Dana White has the nerve to say this is the most embarrassed he has ever been. What a joke. Hey Dana, how about being embarrassed by the fact that you did an event in friggin ABU DHABI with an attendance of 11,000 people when you have yet to come to a lot of major cities in the USA.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I could care less, quite honestly.

I am not going to be a hypocrite or a liar and act like what Silva did really bothered me. I have held the same opinions on all this nonsense that repeatedly gets beaten to death. From "killer instinct" to "show-boating".

It's another case of fight fans wanting it both ways. They want this to be a "fight" when guys don't "excite" them enough, but then they wanna get all bent out of shape about professionalism when a guy starts jawing a little bit. Silva felt disrespected by Maia and he wanted to teach him a lesson, end of story.

If you don't like the razzle dazzle that Silva puts on, that is fine. You don't have to like it. However it's not ALL for show. It's a part of his gameplan to lure fighters in and get inside their head. It's an unorthodox style that I happen to enjoy watching, and have enjoyed for over 15 years when Roy Jones was dominating Boxing in the same way.

Then Dana White has the nerve to say this is the most embarrassed he has ever been. What a joke. Hey Dana, how about being embarrassed by the fact that you did an event in friggin ABU DHABI with an attendance of 11,000 people when you have yet to come to a lot of major cities in the USA.
Four Paragraphs after says you do
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.