Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Administrator

I really wish the ref would've started deducting points as soon as Silva started showboating, forcing Silva to straighten up and actually start fighting or lose. Either way problem solved.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I really wish the ref would've started deducting points as soon as Silva started showboating, forcing Silva to straighten up and actually start fighting or lose. Either way problem solved.
And to think of what he got paid for that disgraceful display!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Liddellfan

I know I will NEVER buy another ppv with him on it. he did the same thing against Thales Leites and said the same things after the fight and at the presser. Get rid of him Dana!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 AM

Yeah, the play-by-play is hilarious...but we were so mad during the fight.

Thanks for posting the interview with Dana, Irish Pride. It's refreshing to see some straight talk and, boy, how I'd love to hear what Dana had to say to Silva.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
I know I will NEVER buy another ppv with him on it. he did the same thing against Thales Leites and said the same things after the fight and at the presser. Get rid of him Dana!
Word.

(only I would probably relent at the last minute and buy it just to see what happens)

I was a little peeved that Dana didn't mention Matt's fight when he talked about not wanting to take away from the good performances of the evening.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Boo-Hoo...whaaa whaaa

Anderson Silva is the man.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Krupp

I doubt it'd happen, but I'd be happy is Dana stripped him of the title at least, if nothing else...but of course that's wishful thinking and nothing more or less.

At least Matt's become the next Gracie killer.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Garandshooter

Yep Anderson has lost me as a fan also
Old 04-11-2010, 06:42 AM
pistol-pete

I have to agree that Silva lost me as a fan. I just don't see where he gets off acting that way. Part of me was thinking that he was just trying to hand the belt over at the end. He wasn't fighting, even when Maia came in with a couple of exchanges in the beginning of round 5, Silva just circled out of it and didn't fight.

Showboating is fine, if you then finish the fight, but sitting there and swearing and showing up your opponent is just BS and has no place in MMA and the UFC. If you are the best in the business stalk your opponent, and stand in the pocket and knock him out.

The UFC will not get rid of him, and they cannot just strip him of the title, but they can make fights for him that would make him unhappy. Schedule his next fight against Machida. Tough ***** if you are buddies, at least he won't go in there and act like a jackass against his friend.

I was suprised several months ago when Matt Hughes mentioned in his blog that he doesn't even bother to watch the fight when Silva is fighting, I didn't agree with him, but now I am coming around.

Why have Siva fight GSP? GSP deserves better. Silva is turning back into the fighter he was when he was in PRIDE. Coasting on his natural ability instead of working hard.

If he doesn't want to fight anymore, and he is afraid, then he should leave the sport, at least leave the UFC.

I think the UFC will give him one more fight and if he pulls up lame again, I think they cut him regardless if he holds the title or not.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:58 AM
logrus

Problem with Silva is he isn't challenged to that point where he can't afford to be caught off guard or down a round. 11 straight wins and out of all those hes only lost what 1 round.

Thats really what I think its boils down too.

Anyways big crap ass performance, and on a card that was actually awesome on paper.