Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 AM

Default Anderson Silva Fight.... 2 questions

````````````````````````Spoilers`````````````````` ````````````````

Well, they aren't necessarily QUESTIONS but two things I noticed and wanted to see if anyone else noticed.

1. The scores were not announced, it was just announced as a win for Anderson. Never seen that happen before.

2. Dana White did NOT strap the belt around Anderson's waist. It was given to Ed Soares by some bald guy that looked like one of the other refs?, and Ed gave it to Anderson. .....WOW what a statement! (not sarcastic)

Edit: Dana mentioned my number 2 in his interview: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...1212&zoneid=13

Last edited by Irish Pride; 04-11-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Maldonado136

Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia

Silva comes to the center of the Octagon during the intros, gets to his knees, and starts bowing. Maia does the same thing, only to then realize that Silva wasn't really bowing to him. Awkward.

Round 1

Silva is dangling his arms out there, doing his customary opening minute of complete inaction. Vicious leg kick from Silva spins Maia around. Silva is bouncing around and he flings a spinning back kick to Maia’s gut, then apes around the Octagon, clearly just [toying] with Maia. A hard right from Silva stings Maia. Silva is now flinging his arms about like a crazy man at the bus stop. A flying knee from Silva catches Maia’s head and drops him. I have no idea what Silva is doing, but for some reason it involves jazz hands. Well, he won that round.

Round 2

Silva goes right back to work, hammering Maia with right hands and and then puts him down with a leg kick. Rogan calls it a showcase. I call it [toying] with your opponent. Now he’s doing capoeria. Wow. Maia tries a couple unsuccessful takedowns, and Silva is verbally berating him in the center of the Octagon. He’s hitting himself in the face. During a fight. I can’t decide if he’s a bully, or if he’s just bored. Silva can clearly hit Maia whenever he wants, but too often what he wants to do is mock his opponent. Another bizarre and kind of entertaining fight.

Round 3

Maia comes out of the corner with his face looking bloodier than when he went in. Silva continues to try and entertain himself with an array of weird stuff. Clearly, he could finish Maia at any moment. He’s just in no hurry to bring that moment about. Silva spazzing out, backing Maia up with leg kicks. Silva clowns around by hiding behind Big Dan Miragliotta, who shoves him back towards Maia. The horn sounds; the crowd boos.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Maldonado136

Round 4

A good overhand left from Maia lands flush on Silva’s jaw. Who knows, maybe it will convince Silva to take this seriously. There’s that left again from Maia. No sign of renewed focus from Silva. Now he’s no longer showboating, but also not really fighting very much. Just in case there was someone out there in the crowd who didn’t hate him yet. Now the crowd is chanting ‘GSP!’ Come on, people. This isn’t pro wrestling. He’s not going to jump in the cage and tag in. Maia is the one urging Silva to fight now, but he continues circling. I have no idea what’s happening, but I don’t think I like it.

Rogan says Dana White went over to Ed Soares and gave him a nasty glare. That doesn't sound like a happy president.

Round 5

Maia’s left eye is completely closed now, perhaps due to blowing his broken nose. Maia going on the offensive now, actually landing some punches and then trying to get Silva to the mat. He’s definitely the aggressor, and some of those blows are actually landing. Silva still doesn’t feel any urge to actually fight. Maia grabs a single leg and tries to pull Maia down, but no dice. The most Silva seems to want to do is kick Maia in the knee. Wow, Big Dan just stopped the fight to warn Silva for stalling and running around the Octagon, threatening to take a point away. Can he do that? God, I hope so.

And the fight is over, with Anderson Silva solidifying his place as the most hated middleweight champ of all time. He turned this entire arena against him, and exhibited the most bizarre behavior since the last time he did this [stuff].

Anderson Silva def. Demian Maia via unanimous decision.

Even Big Dan is disgusted. And when you’ve lost Big Dan, you’ve lost everything.

Silva (via Ed Soares) says he doesn't know what got into him. For the entire fight. Call me crazy, but I don't buy that explanation.

Well, this UFC was...noteworthy. I'm going to go collect my thoughts, and we'll talk later.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:08 AM

Not sure why you posted this under my thread lol. But that's fine hahahah.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:09 AM
rearnakedchoke

The official score was 50-45 twice and 49-46 ... Anderson was dominant, but that fight shouldn't have made it out the first round ...
Old 04-11-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
The official score was 50-45 twice and 49-46 ... Anderson was dominant, but that fight shouldn't have made it out the first round ...
Do you know why the score was not announced?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Not sure why you posted this under my thread lol. But that's fine hahahah.
youre thread is solely about the silva fight and i thought play by play was hilarious lol
Old 04-11-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
youre thread is solely about the silva fight and i thought play by play was hilarious lol
Oh lol I thought you had wanted it to go in the spoiler thread below mine but its cool and reading over it I find it IS hilarious
Old 04-11-2010, 02:20 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Do you know why the score was not announced?
not a clue, but i think dana was pissed he said get it over with, announce anderson is the winner and here is the belt ... dana has never been this mad ...
Old 04-11-2010, 02:26 AM

I don't understand Anderson's postfight answers with Joe Rogan either. He doesn't know what came over him blah blah blah? Sure you do it JUST happened...and for 2 and a half or 2 whole rounds. You were being a show boat, demanding Damian attack while you didn't attack. He could have easily finished the fight like he could have easily finished against Thailes but he refused to. I feel really bad for Dana because they are working so hard on global marketing and the UFC comes to the middle east and this happens.