Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 04-11-2010, 06:23 AM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN

You made us all proud sir!! Good job not listening to my advice how to win . WAR HUGHES!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:32 AM
KevinD

congrats champ, a ko as I predicted. Great fight. Very proud to be a Hughes fan.

at the halfway part of the third round, Renzo got hurt and Matt really committed to his punches. That was the best stand up strikes I have seen from matt. The uppercuts were viscious and the overhand right looked great. Couldn't be happier!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:19 PM
cubsfan47

I had to miss the original broadcast. I won't go into all the details. but lets just say I had a miserable day. I came home and had a short period of time with the Lord and then turned to these forums.

Wow. Thank you Matt. The news was good enough, but I bought the PPV to see it all. That was great. Matt, both you and Gracie are part of the reason why I became a fan. Class acts all.

Well mostly. But I'll let the exceptions be dealt with in another thread.

Now to see if I can buy that walkout shirt!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Ricky

Matt, that was awesome !! I had a few friends over to watch the fights and it ended up one of the best nights I have had in a long time, that's thanks to you and a very IMPRESSIVE performance !!
CONGRATULATIONS !!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Dear Mr Matt Hughes,

The night of UFC112, you appeared third on a card stacked with "champions" defending their belts in a new country. You were booed by the fans of your opponent, your were booked as underdog by some online predictors. Some went as far as saying you were past your prime

In your match you engaged in stand-up. You displayed an excellent Clinch which you have not been known for, your Leg Kicks and your punch combinations won you a Tko from Standing. Is that not proof to all that you are still developing and improving and displaying new skills?

You came into your fight in a well prepared manner, and you put to shame the sight of the dead cert. in BJ Penn who appeared to be unable to display the type of cardio and stamina needed for a UFC Champion.

You offered your hand to Gracie and pulled him to his feet during the third round moments before you won your fight, and you put to shame the appauling antics of Anderso Silva, who would showboat, mock, laugh at his opponent, whilst boring us all to decision, and still believe he has nothing to be ashamed of.

You are living, and competeing proof that Champions and Title Holders are two completely and utterly different things. You dont need a belt to show up the Pretenders on their current Thrones. You lead by your example, not only outside the Octagon...but also INSIDE the Octagon

We Love you, We are immensely Proud of you, and we are truely Honoured to be serving as a Senior Moderator on the Forum of a TRUE Champion, an Honnest Man, and a GOD Fearing Christian.

With High Regards

Amor Et Fides

Tyburn.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:27 PM
logrus

Way to go Matt...
Old 04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
SteveT

Congrats Matt...watching you is always inspirational.

Whether it's your sportsmanship towards the fans, your opponents, your fights and MMA in general or your dedication to never giving up, never backing down and always pushing yourself to be the best that you can be, you always come out on top one way or another. Everytime you fight, you show how you are and always will be a legend and a true champion.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
TLC

Congradulations Matt. I have always been proud to call myself a fan. I thank you for the life you live outside the Octagon as much as the one inside it. I've always been surprised at the fact that you haven't expressed anger at the way you were basically slandered from your stints on TUF.

Comcast crapped out on us last night, so I didn't get to see the fight until much later. My wife (who isn't the fight fan that I am) couldn't quite understand why I was in such a foul mood. When I did finally get to see it, it was awesome to see that, even at this stage in your career, you are continuing to learn and evolve.

I'll admit though that I was a little concerned about some of the post-fight comments regrding about how you're not as aggressive anymore and such. If you want to get back in the cage with a 200 pund monster like Tiago Alves who's gonna try to knock your head off every chance he gets, you gotta bring all the nastiness you got. Alot of these guys are going to look to make thier names off you, and you can't give them an inch. You don't have anything to feel bad about if you beat someone down. That person agreed to get in the cage just like you did, and that person could stop the fight by tapping out verbally or physically at any time.

Congradulations and God bless!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Dear Mr Matt Hughes,

The night of UFC112, you appeared third on a card stacked with "champions" defending their belts in a new country. You were booed by the fans of your opponent, your were booked as underdog by some online predictors. Some went as far as saying you were past your prime

In your match you engaged in stand-up. You displayed an excellent Clinch which you have not been known for, your Leg Kicks and your punch combinations won you a Tko from Standing. Is that not proof to all that you are still developing and improving and displaying new skills?

You came into your fight in a well prepared manner, and you put to shame the sight of the dead cert. in BJ Penn who appeared to be unable to display the type of cardio and stamina needed for a UFC Champion.

You offered your hand to Gracie and pulled him to his feet during the third round moments before you won your fight, and you put to shame the appauling antics of Anderso Silva, who would showboat, mock, laugh at his opponent, whilst boring us all to decision, and still believe he has nothing to be ashamed of.

You are living, and competeing proof that Champions and Title Holders are two completely and utterly different things. You dont need a belt to show up the Pretenders on their current Thrones. You lead by your example, not only outside the Octagon...but also INSIDE the Octagon

We Love you, We are immensely Proud of you, and we are truely Honoured to be serving as a Senior Moderator on the Forum of a TRUE Champion, an Honnest Man, and a GOD Fearing Christian.

With High Regards

Amor Et Fides

Tyburn.
WOW! What he said.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Preach

Matt I must say I am more proud now to be your fan than ever before. Very respectful and dominating. They only thing that I find amusing was that although you were winning. You would ask Jeremy and the corner questions as to what you should do to do better. "Is my Chin to high" lol your a man with knowledge and advise but still humble enough to as advice.