Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
A good fighter wins 2 maybe 3 rounds and hopes to win a close decision to keep his belt, a great fighter dominates all five rounds and leaves no doubt in the judges minds!!!
Heh, took Edgar 25 mins to pry it from Penns hands. It only took Serra a minute for Gsp to hand it over.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Heh, took Edgar 25 mins to pry it from Penns hands. It only took Serra a minute for Gsp to hand it over.
dude back when that happened Brock lesnar was still a pro wrestler... Get with the times!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 PM
logrus

Quote:
dude back when that happened Brock lesnar was still a pro wrestler... Get with the times!!!
Brock had his first fight for K-1 Dyn in June 07, 2 months after Gsp wasted a minute of his time before handing over the belt.

How that is relevant to the topic is is beyond me.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Liddellfan

The fight is over.....BJ lost plain and simple, let it go. He will get the belt back, just like GSP did.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:16 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
The fight is over.....BJ lost plain and simple, let it go. He will get the belt back, just like GSP did.
Thats what I said, The gsp nut tugger wont stop making themselves look worse and worse...
Old 04-12-2010, 12:22 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

Quote:
Thats what I said, The gsp nut tugger wont stop making themselves look worse and worse...
It is all a moot point anyways...... As soon as Krazy Horse (or Kid Khaos or whatever he calls himself now) gets out of the pokey, he's gonna win every belt in every division in every brand
Old 04-12-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Brock had his first fight for K-1 Dyn in June 07, 2 months after Gsp wasted a minute of his time before handing over the belt.

How that is relevant to the topic is is beyond me.
Brock was still wrestling for new japan pro wrestling as of 2007 but whatever. You have to go back 3 years... Thats like me bringing up the matt/Bj fight to discredit bj. .. They shouldn't even be compared anymore.. Compare GSP to another champion not Bj..
Old 04-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
Quote:
Typical BJ fans.... they think everything is all about them....

Old 04-12-2010, 02:30 AM
logrus

Quote:
Brock was still wrestling for new japan pro wrestling as of 2007 but whatever. You have to go back 3 years... Thats like me bringing up the matt/Bj fight to discredit bj. .. They shouldn't even be compared anymore.. Compare GSP to another champion not Bj..
Still fought his first MMA fight in June 07, besides lots of these guys have second jobs when starting out in the MMA business. Also I am comparing Penns first title loss vs Gsp's first title loss. If you want another comparison on the same fight. both Edgar and Serra were huge underdogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Typical BJ fans.... they think everything is all about them....

yeah, so what...
Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 AM

Who knows what is going through a fighter's mind when they are in that cage. I thought Matt fought a really smart fight and didn't take unnecessary risks. The best part was that he did those things and still stopped his opponent, a HIGHLY respected fighter (who even sherdog's "pros" picked to win). Not only did he win but he won while maintaining a degree of sportsmanship that we are seeing less and less of today. especially on a night when the two other dominant champs on the card showed their asses!

[