Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-11-2010, 02:09 AM
Maldonado136

they will never admit they are wrong lol
Old 04-11-2010, 02:12 AM
County Mike

I don't know if it was lack of killer instinct or just fighting the smart fight. I did think Matt could have finished Renzo a few times earlier in the fight and I questioned why he didn't go in for the knockout after Renzo was clearly hurt a few times. Of course, I have the luxury of watching it on TV instead of being in the cage. Matt definitely fought the smart fight and did finish it when he knew he could. Whether or not he SHOULD have could be debated forever.

Most of the people watching with me were surprised that BJ didn't win the decision. He didn't overwhelm but he did seem to land more punches. Frankie Edgar was a lot more active though. He was constantly moving and that probably won over a few of the judges.

Anderson was a big A-Hole and Demian Maia didn't even seem to try until it was too late. The next time Anderson sticks his head out and dares his opponent to hit it, I hope he gets it kicked off his shoulders.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
they will never admit they are wrong lol
Who's wrong?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Anderson was a big A-Hole and Demian Maia didn't even seem to try until it was too late. The next time Anderson sticks his head out and dares his opponent to hit it, I hope he gets it kicked off his shoulders.
Anderson Silva just wants to be Roy Jones. I have been saying it for over a year.

I was laughing the entire fight.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
At least not as it was defined by those in the other thread trashing GSP after his last fight.
You might have to summarize that definition for us. Not all of us cared enough about GSP's last fight to read that other thread.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Who's wrong?
the people contradicting themselves when talking about gsp's killer instinct.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:57 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
the people contradicting themselves when talking about gsp's killer instinct.
Heh, I thought Silvas killer instinct sucked worse then you do on an off day and Gsp. But hey at least I can sit here and say he blew chunks just like I did when Gsp fought.

Naaa might as well go Gsp nuthugger on SIlva...... "OMG your all complete buffoons. Silva had a game plan and stuck with it. He dominated all night long and almost finished him twice with strikes...."

Ha

Matt won
Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Heh, I thought Silvas killer instinct sucked worse then you do on an off day and Gsp. But hey at least I can sit here and say he blew chunks just like I did when Gsp fought.

Naaa might as well go Gsp nuthugger on SIlva...... "OMG your all complete buffoons. Silva had a game plan and stuck with it. He dominated all night long and almost finished him twice with strikes...."

Ha

Matt won
You are a logrus nuthugger.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Preach

Matt showed character and compassion in his fight. He didn't need the killer instinct he had the fight in the bag. He showed respect for the Gracies and for the sport. Matt showed that he is and has always been a class act. I applaud you Matt.

Had Renzo been GSP, BJ or someone of that caliber Matt would have been more violent just my opinion
Old 04-11-2010, 07:39 PM

A good fighter wins 2 maybe 3 rounds and hopes to win a close decision to keep his belt, a great fighter dominates all five rounds and leaves no doubt in the judges minds!!!