Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Buzzard

Default The Shield - No spoilers please.....

until I have finished the last 2 seasons.

Did anyone watch it? I watched the first 4 seasons around 2006 and restarted the series since I now have the final 3. Yep, I'm behind the times, but it's nice to not have to wait 6 or 7 years to get them all in. Next up will be the Soprano's when I get my hands on them.

It's gonna be another all-nighter, damned insomnia. This coffee isn't going to help any.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:01 PM
logrus

Geez, hurry up and get to the end so we can talk about those last couple of episodes.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:51 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Awesome show. Some of the people who made this show also had a hand in Sons of Anarchy.

I actually thought of a really funny fake spoiler I was going to post, but I don't wanna be mean. It's a great show and it has one of the best endings I have ever seen.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Geez, hurry up and get to the end so we can talk about those last couple of episodes.
I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying. I'm on season 6, episode 3 atm. I should be done with it all in the next few days or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Awesome show. Some of the people who made this show also had a hand in Sons of Anarchy.

I actually thought of a really funny fake spoiler I was going to post, but I don't wanna be mean. It's a great show and it has one of the best endings I have ever seen.
Thanks for not spoiling it, fake or not. I saw an episode of SoA and it was good. I'll probable let it go for a few seasons and do the marathon watching as I have done with The Shield, and Entourage which I watched all seasons in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
until I have finished the last 2 seasons.

Did anyone watch it? I watched the first 4 seasons around 2006 and restarted the series since I now have the final 3. Yep, I'm behind the times, but it's nice to not have to wait 6 or 7 years to get them all in. Next up will be the Soprano's when I get my hands on them.

It's gonna be another all-nighter, damned insomnia. This coffee isn't going to help any.
Buzzard, I've never seen this show. What is it about, if I might ask?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Buzzard, I've never seen this show. What is it about, if I might ask?
It's about a group of cops in the Los Angeles district of Farmington. These cops are a bit crooked and on a special team called the Strike Force on a trial basis at first. While the cops do some crooked deals and have questionable morals, you can't help but root for them. No subject on there is taboo, and it really hits hard on these subjects. It has a lot of language, graphic portrayal of violence, drug usage, nudity etc. Definitely not for the younger kids.

It's actually made me question some of my own beliefs and values. It's a highly entertaining show and I would recommend it if you like cop shows. While the cops on the Strike Force aren't angels, they are quite effective in getting the job done. It has a great cast. Hope that helps.

I'm now on the last season, Season 7 episode 3. I should be finished by the end of this week or beginning of next week.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
It's about a group of cops in the Los Angeles district of Farmington. These cops are a bit crooked and on a special team called the Strike Force on a trial basis at first. While the cops do some crooked deals and have questionable morals, you can't help but root for them. No subject on there is taboo, and it really hits hard on these subjects. It has a lot of language, graphic portrayal of violence, drug usage, nudity etc. Definitely not for the younger kids.

It's actually made me question some of my own beliefs and values. It's a highly entertaining show and I would recommend it if you like cop shows. While the cops on the Strike Force aren't angels, they are quite effective in getting the job done. It has a great cast. Hope that helps.

I'm now on the last season, Season 7 episode 3. I should be finished by the end of this week or beginning of next week.
I love cop shows. My favorite show is "The First 48" on A&E. It is an hour-long documentary where they shadow homicide detectives from the moment they are notified of a crime, until the case is solved. I find it very interesting. I will have to try "The Shield" on Netflix. I watched the first season of "The Wire" on Netflix. It was pretty good, but hearing the F-bomb about 100 times per episode got old in a hurry.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Buzzard

Quote:

Tried to edit this but too late. Their team is actually called the Strike Team. I must have just watched the Strike Force commercial for this weekend before posting.

PTM, it is a great show and I hope that you like it if you take the plunge and watch it.

I'm now on episode 4 of season 7. Insomnia makes it easier to watch multiple episodes a night.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:03 PM
logrus

your taking too long lol
Old 04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
your taking too long lol
2 episodes left. I should be done with it by tonight or tomorrow at the latest. All I can say so far for the last season is WOW!