Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 05-31-2010, 12:26 AM

who you guys got in the finals? I think the lakers are better and the celtics are worse on paper then 2 years ago.. Lakers in 7!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I gotta say Lakers, but Rajon Rondo is the boss. I am still miffed that we passed him up.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I gotta say Lakers, but Rajon Rondo is the boss. I am still miffed that we passed him up.
so he could be a backup to nash for 5 years??? lol
Old 05-31-2010, 01:30 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
so he could be a backup to nash for 5 years??? lol
Well, in that scenario, Nash could run 2 guard from time to time.

Nash is still a great jump-shooter who can drive the lane, and that would create some match-up problems for some teams.

I get what your saying though. Rondo is definitely a full time starter, and Nash is a natural point guard so eventually somebody would be cutting into somebody else's minutes.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Well, in that scenario, Nash could run 2 guard from time to time.

Nash is still a great jump-shooter who can drive the lane, and that would create some match-up problems for some teams.

I get what your saying though. Rondo is definitely a full time starter, and Nash is a natural point guard so eventually somebody would be cutting into somebody else's minutes.
I think Rondo has looked good because of his point guard opposition so far tis playoffs... chalmers/arroyo, mo williams, and Jameer are all terrible defensive point guards... Lucky for Rondo hes facing the leagues slowest most incompetent point guard defender in the finals in Derek fisher... I like how fisher can get burned all game and be a big reason his team is losing then hit a big three and the end and be a hero.. I hate him!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:21 AM

JB, I have to respectfully disagree and here's why. The fan that threw the drink on him was wrong and should have been banned from ever attending another game and prosecuted by the Indiana Pacers or the Pistons.

But I expect a professional athlete at that level to have some restraint. It's not like he got punched or kicked (which Artest did both, to the wrong guy!). Security should have and would have taken care of the matter. Bad behavior doesn't merit or justify more bad behavior.

I think it's pivotal in our society that we strive for temperance and dignity.

Just my two cents worth.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
JB, I have to respectfully disagree and here's why. The fan that threw the drink on him was wrong and should have been banned from ever attending another game and prosecuted by the Indiana Pacers or the Pistons.

But I expect a professional athlete at that level to have some restraint. It's not like he got punched or kicked (which Artest did both, to the wrong guy!). Security should have and would have taken care of the matter. Bad behavior doesn't merit or justify more bad behavior.

I think it's pivotal in our society that we strive for temperance and dignity.

Just my two cents worth.
I understand that point, but let's not forget that Artest was the one who had just gotten hit by Ben Wallace and was trying to recover when fans started throwing crap at him. Emotions were running high, and it was Wallace who was out of line in the first place, and those fans were defending him solely because he was a member of the Pistons.

There is no doubt that Artest acted unprofessionally, but in a way I can understand it. Too many fans, in all of professional sports, are complete and total morons who get totally wasted and act like jackasses or feel they have a high sense of entitlement because they bought a ticket or a jersey. Now, he may have went at the wrong guy, which is also unfortunate, but I can understand his state of mind.

Believe me, I'm not one to go out of my way to defend Ron Artest. Here is a guy who used to walk down Madison avenue from the United Center to a liquor store so he could keep a bottle of Hennessy in his locker when he played for the Chicago Bulls. However, I think it's important to note that Artest paid a much heavier price than the average person would pay. $7 million dollars is a lot of money for a simple case of assault.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I think Rondo has looked good because of his point guard opposition so far tis playoffs... chalmers/arroyo, mo williams, and Jameer are all terrible defensive point guards... Lucky for Rondo hes facing the leagues slowest most incompetent point guard defender in the finals in Derek fisher... I like how fisher can get burned all game and be a big reason his team is losing then hit a big three and the end and be a hero.. I hate him!!!
The matchups have definitely favored Rondo this post-season, but the guy is definitely legit.

Boston is a good team though, I mean when Tony Allen is basically your 8th best player, you are in pretty good shape.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
The matchups have definitely favored Rondo this post-season, but the guy is definitely legit.

Boston is a good team though, I mean when Tony Allen is basically your 8th best player, you are in pretty good shape.
8th best? you better not have sheed better then him lol

I think there bench was better 2 years ago with posey, pj brown, eddie house and leon powe
Old 05-31-2010, 04:15 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
8th best? you better not have sheed better then him lol

I think there bench was better 2 years ago with posey, pj brown, eddie house and leon powe
I think Rasheed is still a decent role player, definitely not what he used to be in his days in Detroit.

I think it's a bit of a tossup and both benches are what has been Boston's key to success this year and in 2008. Also, don't forget about Sam Cassell on that Celtics team two years ago!