Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 04-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default Boomer Tale: Abu Dhabi

Part 1 of 4

A heavy mist slowly seeps from the ground … a stillness in the air. Surrounded by seas of sand .. surreal. As the new dawn breaks crescent across the desert sky, weeping is heard in the distance.. At first only faint, but as the sun pushes back the darkness and the winter has finally been laid to rest a centuries old cycle has re-birthed anew from this long arabian night and the maidens can hold back no more …. weeping turns to deep loud sobs of sorrow ...... they know their loves fate. The Country Sage is in sight, they sob in fear as he draws near for the time has come FOR WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

HAIL HAIL forum of forums Boomers got a tale to tell!! I know I've been MIA for a good portion of this year from my happy little forum family … but after my long stint in Afghanistan last year I had to take some time to decompress and try and do everything I've ever wanted to do in life in six months. It's also called loosing your mind and not knowing when to draw healthy boundaries, but I've regained some composure and cut back from 5 projects to 2 (maybe 3) and starting to feel like my old self after being back for a little over 5 months now. When I hopped on that plane in Afghanistan to jump across the pond this past November I clicked my heels together.. got all the dust off and shouted into a strong East wind “NEVER AGAIN”!! For the past three years I've spent more time in Iraq or Afghanistan then I have on US soil and I've done my time, paid my dues, and let Uncle Sam take me to a point of almost loosing myself and this vow would hold strong …. the vow would hold true … nothing in the world could ever get me back into the middle east .. no amount of money, no over developed sense of duty … no …

Hold the phone … I just go a text from the country sage …..

He has another fight lined up …..

Its going to be the fight of the CENTURY …......

It's …..

In the Middle East …....

WHY GOD?? WHY ?? I lamented ….... is matt just messing with me??? Is this another posting 100 videos in his blog cause I cant see them type of trick?? I was hoping for an East Coast Hughes War, or a Mid-West show where Matt could fill a stadium himself but Fri'kn Abu Dhabi???????

After my initial knee-jerk reaction, (which matt was exposed to a little bit of, sorry buddy) I got online and booked my tickets round trip back into the land of Ali-Babba and his forty thieves. Two weeks earlier the powers that be asked me to return to the fight in Iraq and I said no … so when my leave form was passed through for signatures I got a call.

Boss man “Soooo … Matt, you can go to the middle east for vacation but not for work?”

“ Yes ...”

Boss man “And what on earth could you want to go to Abu Dhabi for??”

“Well there is a UFC ...”

Boss man “Wait, there is one of your MMA things in Abu Dhabi??? Is your friend fighting?”

“Yes .. he will be establishing total dominance in a poetic fashion in a totally different sphere of influence spanning the Middle East and Asian markets. If you want to simplify such a feat, than yes .. I guess you could say he is just “fighting” but you are missing deeper levels of meaning and significance that disappointes me .”

Boss man “<DEEEEP Sigh> Ok, so why are you gone for over a week? A fights not that long.”

“I have to carry his bags, get take-out, hail his entry and exits to and from rooms of importance … you know, normal stuff.”

Boss man, “ You are lucky you are good at your job.”

“You are lucky I am great at my job.”

Boss man, “ So, can you swing by Baghdad on your way back? Just for two or three weeks.”

“No”

Boss man, “Whens the fight?”

“Saturday, April 10th … “

Boss man, “On PPV”

“Yes”

Boss man, “Ill be watching .. get your country brief before you leave.”

TO WARRRRRRRRRR!!!

So here I sit … I left at 930 am this morning to make the jump from Richmond to Chicago and after connecting in Germany I'll finally get to Abu Dhabi sometime tomorrow night!!!!

The Country Sage just called and he is settled in and sharpening his tools for battle. I'll connect with the crew tomorrow and keep ya'll updated!!!!!!!
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!

Last edited by Boomer; 04-13-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Silverback

Yes, Boomman is on the job, Forums we are very lucky, very lucky indeed, we get Matt over there in the sand to bring a good old country a-- beatin to the land of the sand, and we have Boomer to keep us up to date,, Thanks Matt and Boomer, very good stuff.War Hughes and Boomer
Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
County Mike

Awesome!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Boss man “Soooo … Matt, you can go to the middle east for vacation but not for work?”

“ Yes ...”

Boss man “And what on earth could you want to go to Abu Dhabi for??”

“Well there is a UFC ...”

Boss man “Wait, there is one of your MMA things in Abu Dhabi??? Is your friend fighting?”

“Yes .. he will be establishing total dominance in a poetic fashion in a totally different sphere of influence spanning the Middle East and Asian markets. If you want to simplify such a feat, than yes .. I guess you could say he is just “fighting” but you are missing deeper levels of meaning and significance that disappointes me .”

Boss man “<DEEEEP Sigh> Ok, so why are you gone for over a week? A fights not that long.”

“I have to carry his bags, get take-out, hail his entry and exits to and from rooms of importance … you know, normal stuff.”

Boss man, “ You are lucky you are good at your job.”

Boss man, “ So, can you swing by Baghdad on your way back? Just for two or three weeks.”

“No”

Boss man, “Whens the fight?”

“Saturday, April 10th … “

Boss man, “On PPV”

“Yes”

Boss man, “Ill be watching .. get your country brief before you leave.”

!

you mean you still work for them

Boomer...you are SOOOO Funny!

Crack On
Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 PM

Thanks for the update Boomer. I have to say I feel a lot better knowing you're over there with the HIT squad. What better dude to represent the forum?
Safe travels my friend and PUHLEEEAAASE keep us up to speed and pass along our good wishes to Matt.

[
Old 04-05-2010, 08:55 PM
TENNESSEAN

does this guy have a way with words or what
reading that got me so fired up ill be worthless the rest of the week. may as well go sit on the couch and wait for sat.
safe travels buddy.
WAR HUGHES
Old 04-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
ill be worthless the rest of the week. may as well go sit on the couch and wait for sat.
may I join you
Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Great read!

Enjoy the middle east again and being with Matt.

To war!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

No, we are lucky you are great at your job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
does this guy have a way with words or what
He is a silver-tongued.....angel.

Safe journey Boomer, there and back. Please tell Matt we're with him in spirit and we'll be watching, cheering him on to victory!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:21 PM

I loved it, made me feel like I was going along! It's so cool that you are there to see the fight! Stay safe, Boomer, keep Matt safe too.

WAR HUGHES!!!!!!!