Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Twinsmama

no way that is way to much bad stuff all together! i wonder how popular they will be? my brothers wife made hamburgers w/ bacon on them the other night. instead of using a bun they used a grill cheese on the top and bottom. reminds me of this thing! the recipe for that thing was something about "heartattack". yuck.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Shoots like a girl

I think its smart! You can spend all your weekly calories right there in that one meal and not have to worry about eating for the rest of the week! Look at how much money you will save at the grocery store! LOL!!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Buzzard

Not much in the way of calories. A bit too much salt and fat in my opinion.

Sandwich Calories Fat (g) Sodium (mg)
KFC Original Recipe® Double Down 540 32 1380
KFC Grilled Double Down 460 23 1430

Looks tasty though. It appears that both the salt and fat levels are below the daily recommended doses by 35 to 50%.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I wouldn't touch that if you paid me... Looks like the American Heart Association Meal of the Month!!!

Of course.. if they put that crack filled Cole Slaw on it.. I will buy 2!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:26 AM
donaldbreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
"The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real and it's coming April 12th! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!"

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

this is a heart attack in a meal! ill probably try it.
So how much is KFC paying you. Help out a brother. I will wrap my Bass Boat with their Logo and a picture of that sammich.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Oddtodd76

just getting ready to take the first bite into the double down. my heart is cringing right now!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:16 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
just getting ready to take the first bite into the double down. my heart is cringing right now!
update?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Oddtodd76

Wow! Good flavor! But, i could not finish it. Waaayyy too much grease for this skinny boy's belly! i got about 3/4 of it down, along with the wedge fries, etc.

if you can handle the grease dripping off your chin, i recommend it. But, this sandwich is not for the timid! my belly will make me pay for it later!
Love the taste....but, prolly won't get it again.
Me and pure grease don't get along. I went through 4 napkins trying to eat it.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM
jason2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
Wow! Good flavor! But, i could not finish it. Waaayyy too much grease for this skinny boy's belly! i got about 3/4 of it down, along with the wedge fries, etc.

if you can handle the grease dripping off your chin, i recommend it. But, this sandwich is not for the timid! my belly will make me pay for it later!
Love the taste....but, prolly won't get it again.
Me and pure grease don't get along. I went through 4 napkins trying to eat it.
guess it depends on the KFC, mine wasnt greasy, well no more greasy than anything else from kfc, then again i work out of my truck and live on fast food for the most part so greasy to me might be extreme compared to you

if your worried about the health aspect you can get it grilled instead of fried (but honestly if you where that worried about health you prolly wouldnt be at KFC checking out a clump of chicken bacon and cheese )

i give it 2 thumbs up, was filling and taste good, no veggies and no bread for a win win
Old 04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Oddtodd76

i try to eat healthy...not always do, but i try.
so yeah...maybe some hardcore fastfooder can throw it down like a chicken mcNugget, but this widdle boy can't.