Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Adam Corolla disses Manny Pacquiao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOSqFWwdtAE

Wow, I gotta admit, Corolla makes SOME decent points and he is always good for a laugh, but he may have stepped over the line into the realm of shock value on this one. Regardless, it's not like it should be taken seriously, I just found it funny enough to post here for those who haven't heard about it.

Also, watch the picture selection by the youtuber who made this vid, lol...
Old 04-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Yeah, it is "Manny Mania" over there and he's right about some things, but some of his comments were definitely over the top. Had Adam not been born in America, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to become famous . Some people just don't know how to be thankful for what they have and where they were born

He DEFINITELY should have made his comments much more compassionate.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah, it is "Manny Mania" over there and he's right about some things, but some of his comments were definitely over the top. Had Adam not been born in America, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to become famous . Some people just don't know how to be thankful for what they have and where they were born

He DEFINITELY should have made his comments much more compassionate.
I agree, Adam is lucky to even be able to have a forum to say such things...

but you gotta admit, he was funny at some parts....
Old 04-05-2010, 12:34 AM
logrus

He's not really that funny, well least I don't think so. As for the video, the best part was the slides being dead on
Old 04-05-2010, 12:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
He's not really that funny, well least I don't think so. As for the video, the best part was the slides being dead on
I don't think he's that great either, but the man show was awesome!

The best part was the Pinoy Boxing Ring...
Old 04-05-2010, 12:42 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I don't think he's that great either, but the man show was awesome!

The best part was the Pinoy Boxing Ring...
I didn't even like him on the man show, thought his partner was actually doing a better job carrying the show.

That ring was the best part of the video lol.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:44 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I didn't even like him on the man show, thought his partner was actually doing a better job carrying the show.

That ring was the best part of the video lol.
He says it too, we are "secretly" racist...

I dont give a s**t...that ring was funny...
Old 04-05-2010, 01:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
"Manny Mania"
This part makes me LOL

Corolla acts like we should imagine that Boom-Boom Mancini was anywhere NEAR as big as Manny Pacquiao. Then takes it a step further and says; imagine Mancini running for president...

The whole thing is just hilarious
Old 04-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Carolla apologized and Pac forgave him:

http://abs-cbnnews.com/sports/04/06/...es-us-comedian
Quote:
GENERAL SANTOS CITY, Philippines – Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao has already forgiven American comedian Adam Carolla for insulting him and fellow Filipinos in a podcast.

Pacquiao, who is running for congressman in Sarangani Province, said he has already accepted Carolla’s apology.

“Humingi naman siguro ng tawad, hayaan na natin… I have accepted his sorry. Tao lang naman tayo eh,” said the Filipino boxer.

The General Santos native, who became the first boxer to win 7 titles in 7 weight classes, urged the media and his fans not to blow the issue out of proportion.

“’Wag na natin palakihin ang isyu,” said Pacquiao.

Carolla earlier said on-air that 7-division world champion Pacquiao was illiterate, “brain-damaged” and a “f*****’ idiot.”

He also attacked Pacquiao’s refusal to undergo Olympic-style drug testing as demanded by undefeated American fighter Floyd Mayweather, Jr. (Read his comments here: US comedian calls Pacquiao 'illiterate', bashes Pinoys)

He later issued an apology in his Twitter account for “crossing the line” with his remarks against Pacquiao and the Filipinos in a podcast.

“Read your comments. Sorry if I offended many of u. I don't preplan my commentary. I try to be provocative, funny but I crossed the line & im sorry,” Carolla said in his verified Twitter account. (http://twitter.com/adamCarolla)

He added: “By the way, I think Manny is a great fighter."

The American radio personality and television host currently has 71,277 followers.

Earning more respect
Pacquiao’s reaction to Carolla’s comments has endeared him more to some of his fans. Pacquiao, known as a fearsome fighter, is widely considered a gracious person outside the boxing ring.

“Saludo ako kay Manny kasi pinatawad na niya ang komediyante (I salute Manny because he has forgiven the comedian),” said Ian Lloyd Poral, an avid Pacquiao fan.

“OK kaayo si Manny uy kasi pinatawad na niya ‘yong komediyante pero para sa mga Pilipino masakit pa rin ‘yon (Manny’s OK because he forgave the comedian but for us Filipinos the remarks remained painful),” said Jayne Albarico, another Pacquiao follower.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Miss Foxy

I found it very funny and a lot of it true. I don't know why people say things then apologize later. That's lame!