Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Hughes_GOAT

http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/2009/...up-or-shut-up/
Old 02-20-2009, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
ok .. so i didn't read all that .. and maybe global warming is not going to happen as some people say, but does that mean that we shouldn't be creating more fuel effiecient or clean fuel automobiles? does that mean we shouldn't put pollution restrictions on large corporations? does that mean we shouldn't look to alternative energy sources like wind, solar etc?

i don't see what the big deal is to try and clean up the world or stop polluting for our future generations ...

just my 2 cents ...
Recycling, "green energy" and stuff like that are separate issues. I'd support all of those just out of respect for GOD's creation. However, we don't need scientists to lie to us with pseudo-facts and misleading information in order to make that happen.

It'd be similar to inventing a fake disease to get people to stop smoking pot. Getting people to stop smoking marijuana is a worthwhile ambition, but trying to accomplish that with a lie is just wrong and deceitful.

It's a "the ends justify the means" mentality that has proven so dangerous in the past and is totally contradictory to Christian values. Basically, if scientists can knowingly lie to us about global warming in order to manipulate our thinking, then what else are they lying to us about (aside from Evolution, of course)?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
I give that article a "C". Perhaps my opinion is biased, but the personal attacks and the fact that all he did was link to stuff the same way Al Gore did in his PowerPoint presentation (no, that wasn't a documentary) doesn't really give it much credibility.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Recycling, "green energy" and stuff like that are separate issues. I'd support all of those just out of respect for GOD's creation. However, we don't need scientists to lie to us with pseudo-facts and misleading information in order to make that happen.

It'd be similar to inventing a fake disease to get people to stop smoking pot. Getting people to stop smoking marijuana is a worthwhile ambition, but trying to accomplish that with a lie is just wrong and deceitful.

It's a "the ends justify the means" mentality that has proven so dangerous in the past and is totally contradictory to Christian values. Basically, if scientists can knowingly lie to us about global warming in order to manipulate our thinking, then what else are they lying to us about (aside from Evolution, of course)?
I agree that some of it is fear-mongering, but some theories on global warming are less doomsday type and have a good basis ... and we will never really know until the future i guess, but i would rather take proactive measures now then have future generations find out the hard way ...
Old 02-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Moose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ

Take a look.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I agree that some of it is fear-mongering, but some theories on global warming are less doomsday type and have a good basis ... and we will never really know until the future i guess, but i would rather take proactive measures now then have future generations find out the hard way ...
Read "State of Fear" by Michael Chrichton. It's a work of fiction, but Chrichton backed up all his claims with established scientific facts and even footnoted his book to cite the proper sources.

Global warming and a giant part of the environmental movement are nothing more than a steaming load of crap.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I give that article a "C". Perhaps my opinion is biased, but the personal attacks and the fact that all he did was link to stuff the same way Al Gore did in his PowerPoint presentation (no, that wasn't a documentary) doesn't really give it much credibility.
it was more of a "Devil's Advocate" piece since everyone is in agreement here about Global Warming being a hoax.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 AM
atomdanger

I don't really care if global warming exists.

But I do feel like we should (I think we all do) agree that we need to try and pollute less.

I don't think any smart person would say we SHOULDN'T take care of the planet.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I don't really care if global warming exists.

But I do feel like we should (I think we all do) agree that we need to try and pollute less.

I don't think any smart person would say we SHOULDN'T take care of the planet.
Agreed.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

I never watched anything by Al Gore....but I know a little about Global Warming.

its a Natural Cycle the planet goes through. We speed it up slightly, but it wont distroy the planet...plus, it wont lead to rising tempritures in the way suggested.

Global Warming, leads to Ice Ages ultimately...thats how the planet cools itself down again. Its perfectly natural. Just speeded up. The issue with the heating process is it will change the way the Earth Looks. It WILL free up the land under the poles (they havent always been covered in snow) it will also flood low ground, it will also make some places that are warm, cold, and some places that are cold, warm

other then that...its no big deal. You dont need a weather man to tell you that. HOWEVER...we Humans should be pushing for Green Alternatives because GOD told us to look after the World. We wont kill the planet...but we do hurt it...and it doesnt belong to us. It belongs to Him.

One day He'll come back, and he might be a little annoyed that metaphysically speaking, we've spilt our wine over his fabulous coach.

Ye have been warned