Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
no...not you...that might be more trouble then its worth ahahahahaa

I love you Denise





Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

EDIT....

I made an error...

two reasons Dave... only two.

I am only saying what many want to...

And I am not being as "mean to you" as you seem to think.


3 reasons.

I have more time during the days sometimes others.. today is a slow day.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I wasn't offering.

As far as books.. I haven't written any books.. but that doesn't mean that I do not know more than some authors about some things..

The reason I came down on you and your papers is that.. you don't show that you are smart and such by flashing your creditials.. you show it by your actions.. your actions are always blowing your own horn, and always drawing the spotlight to yourself.
I think you have written and been published...but I think those were in Magazines not periodicals which are quite different. But you can see from the quotes how you jumped back and forth and everytime I based my reply on what you'd said...you would change the details...first you wrote nothing, then you wrote something in periodicals, then nothing but a few magazines that you claim was ages ago and didnt matter.

Why would you keep doing that? BECAUSE when I respond, I have to presume you are telling the truth, when you arent, or arent totally you show my assumption to be false, and blame me for it, denying that you fed me the incomplete data in the first place. The result...I look a fool, and you just got one over on me, which makes you look and feel good.

I didnt flash any credentials, until YOU with NO Credentials, tried to claim you knew better then a professional writer (Sam Sheridan) and even that you knew more about an area I devoted my univeristy study to. Then you tell me you never pooh-poohed my credentials "whatever"

Dont you follow. I've been Reactional to you in this thread...not the other way round. YOU bigged yourself up before I said anything, at the time you were in the process of trying to show you knew better then Sam Sheridan. You replied in a hostile manner. This thread has then become what is psychologically known as projection. You cast everything you did, and started in this thread, and reverse it claiming it came from me. The Truth is you mislead me over your writing and your credentials...but somehow i'm the one accused of trying to confuse. You deny that, saying that I am a liar when I've posted the quotes to proove who said what and in what order. You claim its all about me...but you didnt interupt me blowing your horn...go back to page one and see my first RESPONSE to you. Who was bigging themselves up first at that time, who was making it about themselves...YOU WERE.

You only started calling me out and reversed me when I said something that you took the wrong way, and you cling to that because to let go of that shows, the only person you've been speaking about in this thread, is yourself.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post




__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
As much as I respect and honor what Bruce Lee did for wushu, chinese boxing, and making the world aware of what a great country and history China is and has...


That the writer has to make mention of Bruce Lee movies.. as to how the readers know that China is steeped with Matrial Arts tradition.. I find "amusing"


" Itís an emerging market, with all that entails, and China has a venerable martial arts history, as we know from our Bruce Lee movies."

Spirit, This post is a bit confusing. I think I know exactly what you are trying to say. However, in your first paragraph you admit that Lee deserves credit for making the world more aware of the history and then in the next paragraph you seem to criticize Sheridian (or find it amusing) for using Lee to bring around those memories and things that we learned from him. I think that may be where the confusion started.

However, I think the personal war should cease and desist. Thanks in advance for your consideration to others.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Maybe...

A decent comparison for me woould be like saying the Wright Brothers were great cause the made great bikes.. They did a hell of a lot more... or looking at the least of Edison's inventions.. (did he have any "lame inventions") and forgetting about the light....

Saying Bruce Lee did great martial Arts movies.. doesn't do that man justice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Spirit, This post is a bit confusing. I think I know exactly what you are trying to say. However, in your first paragraph you admit that Lee deserves credit for making the world more aware of the history and then in the next paragraph you seem to criticize Sheridian (or find it amusing) for using Lee to bring around those memories and things that we learned from him. I think that may be where the confusion started.

However, I think the personal war should cease and desist. Thanks in advance for your consideration to others.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I admit I get heated, but I very rarely am deliberately mean...and if I am..its usually shameful behaviour towards a close friend...I hope most people would recongise that, I know my close friends on here would aggree its always them that get it in the head on purpose...not some random person who calls me out here and there.

...and what is so wrong about caring how people think of you you here all this macho bravado I dont care if people hate me or not, I am who I am...I bet secretly they care, and usually they end up lonely.
i care what people think of me and for the most part i think everyone else cares what people think of them as well.
its actually not such a bad thing to be that way...it helps people conform to what most people see as proper and acceptable behavior.
its the ones that really dont give a crap about what people think of them that i worry about the most.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.