Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
............... (stuff.. stuff.. stuff).......I am proud of what I achieved, considering the defecit from which I started...

"whatever"....

I can't belive I just read that you were blowing your own horn.. (again)... and in the same sentance.. you put yourself down... You are weird.

Quote:
you can run me down all you like...
I don't run you down. I call you out.

I already told you that I didnt mean what I said to come across like you obviously interpreted it.
[/QUOTE]

Your actions don't back up that statement.

Quote:
Then you lied..because..and I quote;
Quote:
I have published no books and I know better now
so which is it. I dont lie to make myself look better then I am...do you?
No you don't lie.. ( I guess..)but you sure do like the sound of your own trumpet... ALOT!!!

I never said I wrote any books... I said short stories.. I said published in magazines... and that was 20 flipping years ago.. It matters not..
Old 03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
most everyone knows things that not everybody else knows.
that in part is what makes people interesting.
I didnt mean it in a nasty way though
Old 03-30-2010, 04:49 PM
bradwright

Quote:
I didnt mean it in a nasty way though
i know you didn't.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker;107953
I don't run you down. I call you out.

[B
No you call me out, then you run me down. Your goal presumably is to make yourself look good by embarising me, or making me look stupid, or prooving me wrong on something...its like I'm some bloody rite of passage on this Forum...get one over on Dave and prove your worth, or something ludicrus like that.

[/B]I already told you that I didnt mean what I said to come across like you obviously interpreted it.[/B]

Are you calling me a liar

I never said I wrote any books... I said short stories.. I said published in magazines... and that was 20 flipping years ago.. It matters not..[/QUOTE]

well first you said you didnt, then you said you were certain you'd win a bet of having been published thrice in a journal. Despite the fact you'd seemed to imply that you didnt have the educational qualifications to be close to doing that...you probably mislead me on that too...it'll probably turn out that your some professor of biochemistry or something stupid like that.

Try and understand this. Those Qualifications for me, are like your tests you take for getting whatever belts it is you get in MMA. How would you feel if you claimed to be some whizz on a certain type of fighting, you'd practised your whole life, sacrificed for it...got your qualification...and I told you that your belt ranking means nothing If I laughed at you when you were going to go into a competition with someone of no belt ranking at all and kept saying you'd probably loose because your belt ranking meant nothing. That Thesis, thats the Highlight of my Academic Life, SIXTEEN YEARS of hard bloody work against people far more intelligent then myself. People with natural academic gifts...I dont poohbar your credentials, you shouldnt poohbar mine. You should be worried if having done a whole year of dedicated research into Sports Ethnography, I didnt know as much as someone who types a word into a search engine...WTF is it that 1,050 Stirling per year to learn if not?? Sure everyone loves to say I'm up myself, I'm looking like a Jerk...but when someone like you picks on me...they remain completely and utterly silent. I didnt come close to lying about anything in this thread...whereas you seriously mislead. I'm accused of blowing my own trumpet...WTF are you doing? Your trying to show me up to make yourself look big. So I dont think you have room to manouvre on that one.

Also...I dont threaten violence when someone pisses me off or calls me name...WTF is your problem? bit full of pride arent we...someone who dares call you an ejit deserves to have their face kicked in do they?? Geez and I though extensive Martial art training was supposed to teach self discipline...I see you have heaps of that. You cant even keep your cool versus blades usual backchat...ohh what? that was a joke was it? why should I accept that when your hostile actions dont back up your claim...Sound Familiar
Old 03-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i know you didn't.
I admit I get heated, but I very rarely am deliberately mean...and if I am..its usually shameful behaviour towards a close friend...I hope most people would recongise that, I know my close friends on here would aggree its always them that get it in the head on purpose...not some random person who calls me out here and there.

...and what is so wrong about caring how people think of you you here all this macho bravado I dont care if people hate me or not, I am who I am...I bet secretly they care, and usually they end up lonely.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:

Are you calling me a liar
Your statements do not back up other statements that you CONTINUALLY make.. if that makes you a liar... then... you got it.

Quote:
well first you said you didnt, then you said you were certain you'd win a bet of having been published thrice in a journal. Despite the fact you'd seemed to imply that you didnt have the educational qualifications to be close to doing that...you probably mislead me on that too...it'll probably turn out that your some professor of biochemistry or something stupid like that.
I have never said that I have written books...and just cause someone doesn't go to a college to have a "higher education" doesn't mean that they can not write a freaking awesome book... or a disturbing book...

Dave I have NEVER mislead you... there is a SMALL handful of people here that know about me.. outside of what I post about me personally. If you choose to belive that I am a ditch digger.. or a "stupid biochemist".. that's your call.

Quote:
Try and understand this. Those Qualifications for me, are like your tests you take for getting whatever belts it is you get in MMA. How would you feel if you claimed to be some whizz on a certain type of fighting, you'd practised your whole life, sacrificed for it...got your qualification...and I told you that your belt ranking means nothing

I have never said anything about your qualifications (please note the lower case "Q").. whoopee.. great!!.. You are awesome...

It's how you "act".

Quote:
If I laughed at you when you were going to go into a competition with someone of no belt ranking at all and kept saying you'd probably loose because your belt ranking meant nothing.
I wouldn't say that.. Confidence in one's abilities.. it's words to live by.. also "never underestimate your opponet".. something GSP is still saying everyday..

Quote:
That Thesis, thats the Highlight of my Academic Life, SIXTEEN YEARS of hard bloody work against people far more intelligent then myself. People with natural academic gifts...I dont poohbar your credentials, you shouldnt poohbar mine.
I never have. I poohbar your statements... You may be a highly educated person.. you may have worked your arse off your whole life...As you like to say continually... but that doesn't mean your a better person.. You are just always so FULL OF YOURSELF.... it's really funny sometimes... and in this case (unlike others).. I couldn't let it go.

Quote:
You should be worried if having done a whole year of dedicated research into Sports Ethnography, I didnt know as much as someone who types a word into a search engine...
The word doesn't mean what you said.. it's the study of culture.. nothing more.. That you put MMA in front of it doesn't do much.

Quote:
WTF is it that 1,050 Stirling per year to learn if not??

Not quite sure what you mean there... There is no doubt your a smart guy.. no doubt at all.. but it's the way you use your "smartness"... To quote Stan "With great power, comes great responsibility"

Quote:
Sure everyone loves to say I'm up myself, I'm looking like a Jerk
Everyone is right..

Quote:
...but when someone like you picks on me...they remain completely and utterly silent.
two reasons Dave... only two.

I am only saying what many want to...

And I am not being as "mean to you" as you seem to think.

Quote:
I didnt come close to lying about anything in this thread...whereas you seriously mislead.
Where did I mislead anything? You have to forgive me.. I am bald and I am not as good as splitting hairs as you.

Quote:
I'm accused of blowing my own trumpet...
And that is nothing new.. just when it comes to things I am passionate about.. Language, kids, the USA, the Armed Forces and other things.. and you cross a line.. or make an error. I just make note of it.. and you get as bent out of shape as a pretzel

Quote:
WTF are you doing? Your trying to show me up to make yourself look big. So I dont think you have room to manouvre on that one.
I havne't tried to make myself look big.. just trying to show you that you aren't "all that".. or at least not as much as you seem to want to be.

Quote:
Also...I dont threaten violence when someone pisses me off or calls me name...
I don't threaten either, but in regards to the thread you are talking about.. that was funny.. it was intentional... and you didn't get the joke.. sorry.

Quote:
WTF is your problem?
Sometimes I feel like I have more Issues than Time Magazine!!!.. But as for my issue with you.. it's all above.

Quote:
bit full of pride arent we...
justifiable so.. yes.

Quote:
someone who dares call you an ejit deserves to have their face kicked in do they??

Let me go and Google ejit.... [minutes pass]... nah.. wouldn't kick someone in the face for calling me an ejit.. sometimes it's very true.. Sorry I had to use a search engine for that...

Quote:
Geez and I though extensive Martial art training was supposed to teach self discipline...I see you have heaps of that.
It does.. and I do.Sorry you don't see that..

Quote:
You cant even keep your cool versus blades usual backchat...ohh what? that was a joke was it? why should I accept that when your hostile actions dont back up your claim...Sound Familiar
Dave you have seem me make "hostile actions" before.. you have read my posts for several years now.. or maybe you have.. if you can't tell something serious from something funny.. from me.. again.. I am sorry dave...

But please do not take me saying "I'm sorry".. as an apology to you.. it's more of an apology FOR you.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Dave I have NEVER mislead you...

Your Actions dont Support Your Statement!

Dave Said:
Quote:
when you have your MMA books published I'm sure you'll know better
Spiritwalker:
Quote:
I have published no books, and I know better now
Dave:
Quote:
You dont write books, but you know better then book writers on their subjects of expertize
Spiritwalker:
Quote:
I don't? I haven't written 3 short stories? I haven't been published in 2 perodicals? Interesting... I would have bet a LARGE amount of money that I had...
Dave:
Quote:
Then you lied..because..and I quote;

Quote:
I have published no books and I know better now

so which is it
Spiritwalker
Quote:
I never said I wrote any books... I said short stories.. I said published in magazines... and that was 20 flipping years ago

I have never said anything about your qualifications

Your Actions do not Support your Statement

Dave:
Quote:
I forget not everyone knows what I know
Spiritwalker
Quote:
And what do you know exactly???
Dave
Quote:
Well I got a first in a Dissertation that was classed as "sports Ethnography"...you, presumably, dont have a university qualification in social sciences
Spiritwalker:
Quote:
Maybe I didn't go to a 4 year school for social sciences.. but that doesn't mean much...Don't belive the piece of paper hanging on the wall
Dave:
Quote:
I am proud of what I achieved
Spiritwalker:
Quote:
"whatever"....

Where did I mislead anything? You have to forgive me.. I am bald and I am not as good as splitting hairs as you.

see above Mr Sarcastic

justifiable so.. yes.

well then dont be a bloody hypocrit

Let me go and Google ejit.... [minutes pass]... nah.. wouldn't kick someone in the face for calling me an ejit.. sometimes it's very true.. Sorry I had to use a search engine for that...

might not have spelt it right. means idiot, moron that sort of thing

It does.. and I do.Sorry you don't see that..

well start changing your actions and maybe I will.

But please do not take me saying "I'm sorry".. as an apology to you.. it's more of an apology FOR you.
I dont want an appology. If I did and you werent forthcoming with it, I would eventually ask for it.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:10 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Sure everyone loves to say I'm up myself, I'm looking like a Jerk...but when someone like you picks on me...they remain completely and utterly silent.
Who you like me to say something on your behalf, Dave?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I dont want an appology. If I did and you werent forthcoming with it, I would eventually ask for it.

I wasn't offering.

As far as books.. I haven't written any books.. but that doesn't mean that I do not know more than some authors about some things..

The reason I came down on you and your papers is that.. you don't show that you are smart and such by flashing your creditials.. you show it by your actions.. your actions are always blowing your own horn, and always drawing the spotlight to yourself.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Who you like me to say something on your behalf, Dave?
no...not you...that might be more trouble then its worth ahahahahaa

I love you Denise