incase people have forgotten. no, it's not GSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iQ...layer_embedded
Old 03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
incase people have forgotten. no, it's not GSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iQ...layer_embedded
I love watching Silva fight and like him way more than GSP, but his last 2 title defenses haven't really been stellar either
Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

People calling people boring is boring

Old 03-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Old 03-28-2010, 11:07 PM
logrus

Anderson Silva and Penn, those 2 mofo's know how to defend a title.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:08 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Anderson Silva and Penn, those 2 mofo's know how to defend a title.
What about all the people who were calling Silva boring?

When I said the same thing not long ago I was ridiculed and told he was boring.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 PM
logrus

Quote:
What about all the people who were calling Silva boring?

When I said the same thing not long ago I was ridiculed and told he was boring.

Cause they forgot the names of the two cowards he was fighting. Besides in the record book one of those fights is considered a TKO. Not to boring. Only 1 title defense went to a decision, due in large to a fighter who did everything short of pulling a "Kalib". Moves up in weight and makes short work of a former champ and a guy who tested positive for pain meds lol.

I don't blame Silva as much as I blame Cote and Thales for not wanting to be there.

Nice to see you change your op like good ol Chicago weather.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Cause they forgot the names of the two cowards he was fighting. Besides in the record book one of those fights is considered a TKO. Not to boring. Only 1 title defense went to a decision, due in large to a fighter who did everything short of pulling a "Kalib". Moves up in weight and makes short work of a former champ and a guy who tested positive for pain meds lol.

I don't blame Silva as much as I blame Cote and Thales for not wanting to be there.
But thats not what people were saying at the time. For instance I remember Dave in particular went off on the same tangent about entertainment value and others referencing Silva being a counter puncher which is why he is boring. Watch, if GSP's next fight ends by KO, everybody will forget they said all this crap.

Is it about the record book? Because Atom keeps beating the same drum that it only matters who you beat and how you beat them, thus making GSP a boring fighter not deserving of respect. I'm not trying to lump what you say in with anybody else, or vise versa, but I have just been raising a pretty simple observation about the way we treat our top stars compared to other sports. I think it's a fair comparison.

I don't think either guy is boring, I just think fight fans are overly cynical, myself included.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
But thats not what people were saying at the time. For instance I remember Dave in particular went off on the same tangent about entertainment value and others referencing Silva being a counter puncher which is why he is boring. Watch, if GSP's next fight ends by KO, everybody will forget they said all this crap.

Is it about the record book? Because Atom keeps beating the same drum that it only matters who you beat and how you beat them, thus making GSP a boring fighter not deserving of respect. I'm not trying to lump what you say in with anybody else, or vise versa, but I have just been raising a pretty simple observation about the way we treat our top stars compared to other sports. I think it's a fair comparison.

I don't think either guy is boring, I just think fight fans are overly cynical, myself included.
You should remember Dave blaming BOTH of them

Anderson Silva...better then GSP, not as good as BJ Penn. Penn has worked really hard and actually begun to set a legacy that even sets him apart from two other Reigning Monarchs with extensive coverage to their Reigns.

BJ Penn almost always tries to finish...he's trying to finish all the time.

Anderson Silva, he tries to finish but refuses to give up the position of counter striker, so if the other guy doesnt play ball, neither will he.

Georges Saint Pierre, doesnt appear to want to finish, he would rather play for points.

Loyoto Machida, was boring, but he listened, and became more exciting, unfortunately the insitution did him in by awarding him a match he obviously shouldnt have won...thats upset people...but its not Lyotos fault...if he puts on a stunning performance in his next fight, that'll be forgotten,

If Georges actually finishes his next opponent, people will come round to him again, if Anderson Silva ever dares to be pro-active rather then reactional, he too will be praised...and you know...if Penn goes to decision next time...he can be forgiven so long as he doesnt make it a habit...

My Sister, an accountant famously said to me once that 50Percent was not considered an overwhelming success.

...However...in terms of Championarge...I think probably BJ Penn is still the least of the Thrones. Georges isnt too bad, because he has learned what to say and repeats things that other people have said, I figure he's genuine, he just doesnt know how to express in a unique way what he means without it being interpretated wrongly...I am impressed that he appologised and that he has pledged himself to finish beautifully next time...I just hope he makes it I guess. Anderson Silva...you know he's alright, he got fast tracked, but he's since prooved his worth times over. He does show almighty respect...I worry that he has ulterior motives and eventually may come to a political head with the management about boxing or whatever. I wasnt to impressed with Lyotos handling of the false win against Rua...but..he was in a unique situation and really put on the spot, I'm not sure what he could have done...he's as much a victim of that decision as Rua.

Hope that clarifies. I dont apologize for my position. I am cynical, I am often Skeptical, and I am a critic. I like to think im consistant with it though. Its alright to have a difference of opinion. I have no need to try and change your mind, and your unlikely to warrent a change to my evaluation...but at least discussion with you doesnt lead to me feeling threatened...jolted, kept awake, interested...but not threatened...and some people on here they do threaten me...they dont present me with arguments, with points, with counters...they are rude, or they are just up for calling me out...that bugs me...the only person I never want to looose to is Andreas. I will battle on here to the death with him...but with anyone else...its just not something I feel I need to do...and thats a good thing. Alot of people have the wrong opinion of me, because they dont bother to actually read what I put. I spend a lot of time typing my responses out...they should spend the time reading me if they are going to engage me
Old 03-29-2010, 12:49 AM
que

Quote:

to each his own, i guess. i don't call it boring, i'm just calling a spade a spade.