Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:33 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I'm hearing it did 850k buys
but fans donmt like to watch st. pierre fight lol.. scratch that biased haters who would complain with st pierre no matter what performance he put on dont like to watch him win!!!
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 04-04-2010, 03:24 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
but fans donmt like to watch st. pierre fight lol.. scratch that biased haters who would complain with st pierre no matter what performance he put on dont like to watch him win!!!
Title fights always have a higher card draw. Then add in a second fight thats also a title fight and it usually will pull in big numbers. Put the next Gsp fight as the main headliner and add in an average card and he will not bing in close to 850k buys. Especially considering his last 2 performances have been lack luster.

Besides the next card will crush those numbers lol.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:37 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Title fights always have a higher card draw. Then add in a second fight thats also a title fight and it usually will pull in big numbers. Put the next Gsp fight as the main headliner and add in an average card and he will not bing in close to 850k buys. Especially considering his last 2 performances have been lack luster.

Besides the next card will crush those numbers lol.
crush 850k? i doubt it only 3 ufc cards have done higher then that... GSP was on two of those cards too!!!

but your right no one likes to see GSP fight... Hes boring.. ITS not like fans voted him fighter of the year or anything
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
crush 850k? i doubt it only 3 ufc cards have done higher then that... GSP was on two of those cards too!!!

but your right no one likes to see GSP fight... Hes boring.. ITS not like fans voted him fighter of the year or anything
lol you didnt know? the people who dont like GSP are speaking for everyone else now! they wont watch the ppv which automatically means that no one else will watch either! it makes perfect sense!!!
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
but fans donmt like to watch st. pierre fight lol.. scratch that biased haters who would complain with st pierre no matter what performance he put on dont like to watch him win!!!
There would be more of a draw if he lost for sure but you cant know thats gonna happen in advance we, the buying public, must assume he's gonna win
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.