Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-28-2010, 04:44 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
man, carwin is a beast .. can't wait for him to fight brock .... gsp is looking like he doesn't want to finish ... i mean, he seemed like he let up on the armbar and he let up on the kimura too .... his corner was telling him to stay in full guard which was weird to me ... gsp dominated, but should have stopped that fight
yeah that should be a really good fight. brock is massive but carwin is crazy brutal.........
Old 03-28-2010, 04:45 AM
timmyja

Georges definitely dominates his class, but I can't get behind the GSP @ 185 train when he doesn't finish the competition @ 170. I can see him eating a knee going in for a shot on AS. I would be a huge fan of Georges if he went back to the "pre-Serra" Georges.

On another note, Carwin is an animal. His power and strength definitely make the Lesnar fight very, very interesting. For as much as Dana burns on mazzagatti, mirogliotta isn't too impressive either. Dan M. has got to go before somebody ends up getting killed. Frank took a lot of unnessecary punches, and for a minute I was honestlly concerned for his safety.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
yeah that should be a really good fight. brock is massive but carwin is crazy brutal.........
He sure mauled Frank, I was surprised how quick it was all over!

I hope that match-up with Lesnar happens too, DonnaMaria (with the same results, heh heh).
Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja View Post
Georges definitely dominates his class, but I can't get behind the GSP @ 185 train when he doesn't finish the competition @ 170. I can see him eating a knee going in for a shot on AS. I would be a huge fan of Georges if he went back to the "pre-Serra" Georges.

On another note, Carwin is an animal. His power and strength definitely make the Lesnar fight very, very interesting. For as much as Dana burns on mazzagatti, mirogliotta isn't too impressive either. Dan M. has got to go before somebody ends up getting killed. Frank took a lot of unnessecary punches, and for a minute I was honestlly concerned for his safety.

it was scary when he didn't get up right away..........

it definately should have been stopped earlier
Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 AM

One thing i noticed about Carwin though is he wasn't able to take Mir down and Mirs wrestling is average!!! Carwin isn't as good of a wrestler as people make him out to be.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja View Post

Yes, absolutely.

Time to bring in Big John, Dana!
Old 03-28-2010, 04:50 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
yeah, brock is huge, but he is probably well over 300 tonite ... he won't be that big come fight nite ...

i liked carwins plan ... clinch before he gets taken down .. i think he does the same with lesnar
Old 03-28-2010, 04:56 AM

I think Hardy deserves credit for staying in there the whole 5 rounds with GSP. Even though Georges controlled throughout, I think Hardy did a good job of not letting Georges do too much damage to him and he did make it thru both the arm bar and kimura attempts which might easily have caved a less mentally tough fighter. I haven't seen a lot of Hardy's fights, but it looks like he needs to work on stuffing takedowns.

I'm looking forward to the Carwin/Lesnar fight now. Those fast, short hard punches of Carwin are wicked.

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-28-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:58 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I think Hardy deserves credit for staying in there the whole 5 rounds with GSP. Even though Georges controlled throughout, I think Hardy did a good job of not letting Georges do too much damage to him and he did make it thru both the arm bar and kimora attempts which might easily have caved a less mentally tough fighter.
I'm looking forward to the Carwin/Lesnar fight now. Those fast, short hard punches of Carwin are wicked.
or definately a less rubber one!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:00 AM
logrus

Gsp has become such a boring fighter to watch. His ground game is solid, but you come to expect a Gsp fight to go to the ground and accomplish little else there after.

Mad props to Dan for not tapping.