Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
I played it awhile ago and never made it that far at all before I stopped for no reason. I don't remember exactly what I was doing but I was in the future. that much I remember lol. it is a great game though.
Yeah, 2300 A.D. with the Labs & Domes & the busted up Factory! They level's a "female dog" to get through, but it was pretty sweet. Just wait until you move on from there, that's when it gets really intense!

(btw, if anyone wants to play it again for free, PM me...)
Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 AM
Crisco

PC is where it's at man
Old 04-09-2010, 05:16 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
PC is where it's at man
Wow, another thing we have in common.

Do you play any Madden 08 on PC?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:33 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
PC is where it's at man
Hey, did you ever play the first person shooter series "half-life"????
Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Wow, another thing we have in common.

Do you play any Madden 08 on PC?
PC games are typically the best, if you got a good machine that can handle it.

Still, Madden 08?

I played that like crazy on the PC....in 2008....

I'm not hating because I actually play some obscure sports games myself, I'm just saying, it's kinda funny

Anybody play any Golden Tee Golf for PC?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:53 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Still, Madden 08?

I'm not hating because I actually play some obscure sports games myself, I'm just saying, it's kinda funny

Wait, JB, you like b-ball right?

Did you ever play the : NBA jam series, or Barkleys shut up and jam??
Old 04-09-2010, 07:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
Wait, JB, you like b-ball right?

Did you ever play the : NBA jam series, or Barkleys shut up and jam??
"Like" would be a gross understatement. I actually still play basketball at least 4 times a week with a group of buddies, and growing up in Chicago during the Jordan era basically made it second nature to love the game. Still, I honestly love it now as much as I ever have and as soon as my tax refund comes in, I am buying season tickets for the Phoenix Suns 2010-2011 season.

Okay, cool story aside, I played every version of NBA Jam, and of course they rock. Barkley's "Shut up and Jam" failed as hard as Barkley did in his journey to actually bring this city an NBA Championship.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Buzzard

Quote:

Still, Madden 08?

Yeah, I still play Madden Football 08 since that is the last year made on the PC. I got the 08 hockey for about 8 bucks a couple months ago. My bro and I play it over the net.

For golf I now play Tiger Woods on the Wii. It's a lot of fun and it throws in a bit of exercise. A wii bit but still a bit. I still have a golf game call Links LS 2000 on my PC. It has held up quite well and is quite challenging.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:08 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Yeah, I still play Madden Football 08 since that is the last year made on the PC. I got the 08 hockey for about 8 bucks a couple months ago. My bro and I play it over the net.

For golf I now play Tiger Woods on the Wii. It's a lot of fun and it throws in a bit of exercise. A wii bit but still a bit. I still have a golf game call Links LS 2000 on my PC. It has held up quite well and is quite challenging.
You need to join us in the modern era, it's not long before Madden 11 will be here!

I am privy to the Links series from way back in the day, that is a great game. I never bothered keeping up with the Tiger Woods series though.

I bought a used copy of Tiger 06 for a few bucks, just to have a golf game to throw in my Xbox 360 from time to time. I played the newer ones, and while they are better, it just seems too hard for me to get into because I am only a moderate fan of golf. I like the Golden Tee Golf games because of their controls. The PC version is modeled after the arcade version which is commonly seen in bars, except you use the mouse instead of trackball. It's a PC golf game that, like the Links series, has withstood the test of time.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
You need to join us in the modern era, it's not long before Madden 11 will be here!

I am privy to the Links series from way back in the day, that is a great game. I never bothered keeping up with the Tiger Woods series though.

I bought a used copy of Tiger 06 for a few bucks, just to have a golf game to throw in my Xbox 360 from time to time. I played the newer ones, and while they are better, it just seems too hard for me to get into because I am only a moderate fan of golf. I like the Golden Tee Golf games because of their controls. The PC version is modeled after the arcade version which is commonly seen in bars, except you use the mouse instead of trackball. It's a PC golf game that, like the Links series, has withstood the test of time.
If they would bring Madden football back to the PC, I'd buy it. I can't see myself buying an X-box just to play football, which is probably the only game/reason I would buy for it. I have quite a PC gaming library and am partial to PC games.

I'll have to check out Golden Tee Golf, thanks for the info. I still remember playing the original Links on my brothers 386.