Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Stump Rules!

See my previous post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Michelle, what about Cory's leg snap (awful!) and there have been plenty of bloody matches in mma. I'm thinking of Joe Daddy right now for one.

I had originally posted "...kids in the audience watching that bloody mess!" But, I took it out 'cause I just knew JB would call me on it!

We have to watch what we say around him.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-28-2010, 03:55 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
You read me wrong. I meant not in WWE

Actually, the WWE has somewhat tried to revert back to more kid-friendly programming since the late 90's even though it still largely has an 18-35 year old audience.

Today is actually Wrestlemania, and it's here in Arizona for the first time.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You read me wrong. I meant not in WWE
I don't know about leg snaps in WWE, but I've definitely seen blood. Is that not real either?
Old 03-28-2010, 04:00 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I don't know about leg snaps in WWE, but I've definitely seen blood. Is that not real either?
It's real, but it's typically staged. They will use little razor blades to cut themselves or other tactics. Although there are times when accidents happen, it's still a very dangerous activity that takes a high level of training to compete at the way they do.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Stump Rules!

Watch "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke Bonnie.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Watch "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke Bonnie.
I did. Good movie....great actor.

Oh, I see, I think I do remember a scene where Mickey Rourke's character hides a razor blade.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Silverback

Having four son's I feel I can chime in just a little, if it is out there then kids are going to see, hear, and know about it. They will learn about it in the school yards that you talk about, so I feel as a parent it is up to me to teach them wrong from right, what you can do and when you can do it. I think that lack of parenting is the problem, MMA is a sport, the same as football, baseball, Boxing, and as with any sport you must teach the correct way to play, the rules you must go by. Having said that, my son's wish to fight in the cage and my 19 year old may have his first fight in June, so I have their back's, and with God's help they will do it right, They are very lucky that they have a opportunity and a person like Mark to show them the ropes and back them too, and a person like Matt that inspires and teaches them that if you win or lose, you extend that hand and tell them good fight. That is what counts.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:54 PM
DonnaMaria

I think that was an excellent post.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Having four son's I feel I can chime in just a little, if it is out there then kids are going to see, hear, and know about it. They will learn about it in the school yards that you talk about, so I feel as a parent it is up to me to teach them wrong from right, what you can do and when you can do it. I think that lack of parenting is the problem, MMA is a sport, the same as football, baseball, Boxing, and as with any sport you must teach the correct way to play, the rules you must go by. Having said that, my son's wish to fight in the cage and my 19 year old may have his first fight in June, so I have their back's, and with God's help they will do it right, They are very lucky that they have a opportunity and a person like Mark to show them the ropes and back them too, and a person like Matt that inspires and teaches them that if you win or lose, you extend that hand and tell them good fight. That is what counts.
Aren't you stressed about the risk of him getting his face rearranged?
Old 03-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Aren't you stressed about the risk of him getting his face rearranged?
Brother he rolls with Mark, we call him the Mauler, Hell, I had a black eye for a couple weeks,was kinda proud of it, and the Chicks dig it.
Closed Thread