Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
Adults and children view almost everything differently so relating to them in this situation is no different then any other.
Exactly. I don't want my children to view this world through my eyes for a long, long time.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Blade

MMA is not for kids, end of story. Unless you want kids getting choked unconscious, faces getting split open and limbs getting broken in the schoolyard. Parents who let young kids watch it are morons, end of.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:15 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I don't think the sport itself is bad for the kids. However the politics of the business, the adult-themed production, and the meatball fans who only care about seeing violent ruthless aggression are not good for kids.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:21 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
jk. They are 5 and 6. (16 months apart. I always feel like I have to clarify that. lol)
Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
MMA is not for kids, end of story. Unless you want kids getting choked unconscious, faces getting split open and limbs getting broken in the schoolyard. Parents who let young kids watch it are morons, end of.
Well this "schoolyard" action is happening; I see it in the papers everyday. But I don't think these are kids who have been watching MMA with their parents.
It looks to me, a grandpa, like these are kids who have no or little contact with their parents.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
Well this "schoolyard" action is happening; I see it in the papers everyday. But I don't think these are kids who have been watching MMA with their parents.
It looks to me, a grandpa, like these are kids who have no or little contact with their parents.
Or they're at a WWE event WITH their parents. I don't watch WWE but a few times channel surfing I've caught it and I couldn't believe how many children were in the audience.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Stump Rules!

WWE and mma are completely different. WWE is like watching cartoons. From fake fighting to the everyone being a "character". There is nothing like that in mma.No legs snap, no one pours out blood from their heads.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-28-2010, 03:33 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
WWE and mma are completely different. WWE is like watching cartoons. From fake fighting to the everyone being a "character". There is nothing like that in mma.No legs snap, no one pours out blood from their heads.
Those things NEVER happen in MMA? Actually those 2 things probably happen just as much if not MORE in MMA.

The UFC owes it entire business model to Vince McMahon.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Stump Rules!

You read me wrong. I meant not in WWE

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-28-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Michelle, what about Cory's leg snap (awful!) and there have been plenty of bloody matches in mma. I'm thinking of Joe Daddy right now for one.

I had originally posted "...kids in the audience watching that bloody mess!" But, I took it out 'cause I just knew JB would call me on it!

We have to watch what we say around him.

Edit: I just saw JB posted Joe Daddy's pic that I was thinking of....totally missed that before I posted. Great minds, huh, JB.

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-28-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Closed Thread