Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I don't push buttons, I crack people on them.
What does that mean? Never heard the expression "cracking people on buttons" before.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
What does that mean? Never heard the expression "cracking people on buttons" before.
Cracking someone on the button? Think of Joe Rogan yelling it and you get the idea. And btw Cuntry Mike who are you calling a serious douchebag?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Cracking someone on the button? Think of Joe Rogan yelling it and you get the idea. And btw Cuntry Mike who are you calling a serious douchebag?
I think we've gotten way off the point here. Obviously ALMOST everyone here knows that letting your kids watch Matt Hughes beat the hell out of Serra doesnt make parents morons.

Its quite the oposite actually. Im very well educated, Im a professional business woman. I have 2 college degrees and I let my children watch MMA. I do censor it. If an event is uncensored I usually dont let me little one watch. You never know when Forrest is gonna tell Joe that he just got knocked the "bleep" out. hehe

But it all comes down to parenting. You either parent your children or you dont. My husband and I parent our children. They know right from wrong and they know their options along with the consequences of those options. I can say that if my son ever throws another child in a rear naked choke it wont be because I let him watch UFC, it will be because I didnt articulate the importance of this not happening. Maybe the parent that didnt teach the other kid how to get out of that hold would be the moron? LOL, calm down, it was just a joke!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
I think we've gotten way off the point here. Obviously ALMOST everyone here knows that letting your kids watch Matt Hughes beat the hell out of Serra doesnt make parents morons.

Its quite the oposite actually. Im very well educated, Im a professional business woman. I have 2 college degrees and I let my children watch MMA. I do censor it. If an event is uncensored I usually dont let me little one watch. You never know when Forrest is gonna tell Joe that he just got knocked the "bleep" out. hehe

But it all comes down to parenting. You either parent your children or you dont. My husband and I parent our children. They know right from wrong and they know their options along with the consequences of those options. I can say that if my son ever throws another child in a rear naked choke it wont be because I let him watch UFC, it will be because I didnt articulate the importance of this not happening. Maybe the parent that didnt teach the other kid how to get out of that hold would be the moron? LOL, calm down, it was just a joke!
See there. That is what I don't understand. Why is it okay for a child to watch adults pummel each other for fun but you don't want them to hear the 'f' word? Why censor a curse word if they know not to say it?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
See there. That is what I don't understand. Why is it okay for a child to watch adults pummel each other for fun but you don't want them to hear the 'f' word? Why censor a curse word if they know not to say it?
I dont believe that this is just good ole fashion beatins. Its a sport, most of these men genuinely like each other and show alot of respect and sportsmanship toward one another. The F-word and P-word and well, most of those words are just ugly. They mean ugly things. Hockey is a brutal sport too and no one wonders if kids should watch. Rugby is a brutal sport, but children watch. Any superhero movie, show or cartoon is about beating the crap out of the bad guy but its good for children to have a role model. Just my opinion.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post

Very well educated people can still be morons, not calling you one, just saying. And I know you're joking, it's ok.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Very well educated people can still be morons, not calling you one, just saying. And I know you're joking, it's ok.

You are absolutely right, I know some well educated people that are morons. I just dont think because someone doesnt share your opinion makes them one.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Accidental mis-spelling of my name? I doubt it and it really speaks for itself. Besides, I gave you the benefit of doubt and said you're either a serious douchebag or just pushing buttons. Since you denied pushing buttons, it was your choice to pick the other option.

At least I understand the cracking someone on the button now.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Accidental mis-spelling of my name? I doubt it and it really speaks for itself. Besides, I gave you the benefit of doubt and said you're either a serious douchebag or just pushing buttons. Since you denied pushing buttons, it was your choice to pick the other option.

At least I understand the cracking someone on the button now.
Yeah well listen sunshine, based on some of the things I've heard about you and the way you act I'm not your biggest fan either, and if you thought I was cool that would probably make me a wanker anyway, so yeah I'm not losing much sleep over it.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 AM
County Mike

Who could you possibly know that really knows anything about me?
Closed Thread