Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: UFC 111

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Well, this weekend GSP will face Dan Hardy. I think the match will go however GSP wants it to go. If Georges wants to stand, he'll stand, if he wants to take Dan down, he'll take him down. This could be a one-sided fight, but it all depends on which GSP shows up. To be honest, I don't even know who else is on the card, I've been too busy training to really worry about it.

My training has been going great, last week I went to Jeremy's. This week, I flew Demarques Johnson and Matt Pena to train with me at the HIT Squad. I definitely feel I could go three rounds right now and next week will just put me over the top. My sparring, wrestling and submissions are right where I want them to be. I even feel that I look decent when I get in front of the mirror (no pictures for you, Michelle).

One of the reasons, why it's taken me this long to write the blog is because of the health bill. To be honest, I don't know much about what it says exactly; but I believe if you ask most of the politicians out there who voted for it, they would say the same thing. I'm a person that has always believed in rewarding hard work, the word entitlement does not exist in my vocabulary. I'm not going to go off on a rant, but I will never vote for somebody who voted for this bill.

I was on a trip with the Cage Fitness crew and we were talking about love and the way people show their love. This is something that I posted in my forums a year or so ago and I believe is definitely worth reviewing. Remember the two most important things Jesus said was to love God with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself; so take a look and maybe you'll learn something like I did:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/sh...love+languages

Got a buddy up in Canada, who I am going to be hunting with here soon. I just wanted to let you all know that if you wanted to book any hunts for this year, he would be somebody I would highly recommend. I've been up there and he runs a great camp. There is even a chance that three people could go hunting with me this fall, they would just need to pay their expenses up there. So check them out at http://www.buckparadise.com/

Here is the Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
-matt
Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
rearnakedchoke

Hope the training is going well Matt ... can't wait til you get back in the cage ...
Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

You said no pictures for Michelle...how about for me? It's good to hear that your training is where you want it to be, but I've never doubted your heart and know that you will push yourself to be the best competitor you can possibly be.

And for the record, I'm a nurse who is against the current healthcare reform bill. This isn't the place for me to talk about why. There's a thread for that already and I don't want to much up your blog with a debate.

~Amy
Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Silverback

Seen Matt today and he said he is ready to go 3 rounds now, and he looks it too, So take it to him, and enjoy yourself, we all know you will.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:28 PM

Matt, real glad to hear that you're feeling good and ready. I can't wait for this fight.
take care!

[
Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Shoots like a girl

Thanks for the update Matt! Im glad training is going well and let me just say that I dont doubt you for a minute!!! I dont think very many of us are about the new Obamacare and dont believe that very many of us voted for anyone who are supporting it! Its going to be awesome to see you back in the cage! The closer it gets the more excited I am. And you should consider posting some pics for me, I mean Amy! It is her birthday ya know!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
Thanks for the update Matt! Im glad training is going well and let me just say that I dont doubt you for a minute!!! I dont think very many of us are about the new Obamacare and dont believe that very many of us voted for anyone who are supporting it! Its going to be awesome to see you back in the cage! The closer it gets the more excited I am. And you should consider posting some pics for me, I mean Amy! It is her birthday ya know!

OOooooh, yeah. Great idea! I forgot to use that.

It's my birthday, Matt! I deserve a really great training picture of you!

~Amy
Old 03-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Thanks for the update Matt..

Renzo is actually in Charlotte next week and I am part of the "detail" that will be working the show... autographs and pictures and such.. I am hoping that I get to talk to him after.. Going to see if I can "interview" him on tape..

Would much rather it be you haning out "down south".

Any fighter gets some respect from me just by stepping up to fight..
Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Mac

Cant wait to hear CBCS blaring out of the loud speakers in a land of turbins.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Cant wait to hear CBCS blaring out of the loud speakers in a land of turbins.

~Amy