Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Very bad news, I hope he will be OK.

Amy, that is very scary what happened to you. And I'm sure you thought the worst when they called you back to do repeated scans!! Hopefully, you will never need one again.
Yep, it was scary. It really freaked my mom out. I had already decided that I had brain cancer. You know how us nurses are. Evidently it was some one time weird thing since that was 5 years ago and I've been fine ever since.

~Amy
Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
County Mike

The scan has been released.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
Fitch is fighting Saunders now. Go Ben!!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18446/jon-...-main-card.mma
WOW .. big jump for ben and good for him to take the fight ... i like that ... dude is gonna beat fitch too ... this fight is gonna launch him in the ufc
Old 03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
KevinD

glad to hear that made that fight on such short notice. to bad for Ellenger, but Saunders and Fitch is a better fight.
War Saunders indeed!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:44 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
The scan has been released.

Best laugh I've had in a while!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:46 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
WOW .. big jump for ben and good for him to take the fight ... i like that ... dude is gonna beat fitch too ... this fight is gonna launch him in the ufc
Hmmm, we'll see. But if he does, it looks like we could have another instant #1 contender for the belt!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I hope everything is ok.

I had to have a CT scan of my brain once a few years ago. They did it and then told me they'd tell me the results after taking me back to the ER. Then they came and got me again for another one and then again for a third all in the span of about an hour. Come to find out, the machine kept picking up some "artifact" and they said I was fine and sent me home. This was after a seizure I had while working in the pediatric ER across the parking lot. I had never had a seizure before and have not had one since. I even quit breathing during it and they started to code me. I have not had a follow up CT scan and I'm sure I'm fine.

~Amy
Goodness... my wife had an episode about a month ago now. She woke up for work, she's an RN as well, and gave me a hug, went to the shower. Literally 10 seconds had passed, she called my name. It took me probably five seconds to get back there and she was WHITE, I mean WHITE WHITE, laying in the tub, having a seizure.

Took her to the ER where she works, they did a complete work up... no shift, blood was fine, sugar, etc... couldn't really tell what had caused it.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Hmmm, we'll see. But if he does, it looks like we could have another instant #1 contender for the belt!
it looks like you are correct because dana confirmed this. its simple why he says this and that is because business is business and no one other than people who dont like gsp and myself (a kos rematch semi-intrigues me) wants to see any rematches with kos or fitch or what have you.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:33 AM
ufcfan2

War Ben!! Nothing against Fitch,but I'm not diggin' another rematch with GSP.
Hopefully Paulo or Dayle will be next in line assuming Dayle gets passed KOS. I bet this gets KOS panties in a bunch knowing Saunders may get next shot
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Goodness... my wife had an episode about a month ago now. She woke up for work, she's an RN as well, and gave me a hug, went to the shower. Literally 10 seconds had passed, she called my name. It took me probably five seconds to get back there and she was WHITE, I mean WHITE WHITE, laying in the tub, having a seizure.

Took her to the ER where she works, they did a complete work up... no shift, blood was fine, sugar, etc... couldn't really tell what had caused it.

Yep. I was told that they had no idea why I would have a seizure out of the blue like that. At least I had mine IN the ER where I was working at the time since I quit breathing and all. I've been fine ever since so hopefully it's the same way with your wife.

~Amy