Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default US officials: Ex-Gitmo inmate becomes Taliban commander

Nice Job Obama!!!

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/24...mander/?hpt=T2

A man who was released from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in December has become a senior Taliban military commander in Afghanistan, U.S. officials said.

Abdul Qayum Zakir was named to replace Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, whom Pakistani security forces captured last month, a Taliban operative told CNN.

A former Pakistani intelligence official, who asked not to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the subject, also confirmed Zakir's appointment.

Zakir was released from U.S. custody on December 7, U.S. officials said.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Nice Job Obama!!!

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/24...mander/?hpt=T2

A man who was released from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in December has become a senior Taliban military commander in Afghanistan, U.S. officials said.

Abdul Qayum Zakir was named to replace Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, whom Pakistani security forces captured last month, a Taliban operative told CNN.

A former Pakistani intelligence official, who asked not to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the subject, also confirmed Zakir's appointment.

Zakir was released from U.S. custody on December 7, U.S. officials said.
What, you don't think that that happened with Bush?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...vism-for-.html

An op-ed piece. Yes, I know it is an op-ed piece.

http://beta.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/article77273.ece

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...s-were-releas/

http://books.sipri.org/files/misc/SIPRIBP0901.pdf

The above is a long history of gitmo and policies under Bush. Note: I did not read it all and am posting only for information, not to provide proof of any wrongdoing by former President Bush.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/...amo/index.html

More information, neither for or against either President Obama or former President Bush.

http://www.truthout.org/012509C

Again, for information purposes only. I did not completely read it, so I could be cooking my own goose here.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:23 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Nice Job Obama!!!

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/24...mander/?hpt=T2

A man who was released from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in December has become a senior Taliban military commander in Afghanistan, U.S. officials said.

Abdul Qayum Zakir was named to replace Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, whom Pakistani security forces captured last month, a Taliban operative told CNN.

A former Pakistani intelligence official, who asked not to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the subject, also confirmed Zakir's appointment.

Zakir was released from U.S. custody on December 7, U.S. officials said.
I think this is just more evidence that we need to treat all of these Gitmo detainees with compassion and grant them all the same freedoms and privileges as the American citizens that they have pledged to kill.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think this is just more evidence that we need to treat all of these Gitmo detainees with compassion and grant them all the same freedoms and privileges as the American citizens that they have pledged to kill.

Yes, set them free please. They have work to do! Time's a wasting.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:37 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Yes, set them free please. They have work to do! Time's a wasting.
Yes, but we can't set them free in their home countries, we need to send them to a beach resort where they can live out their lives in comfort on the US taxpayers' dime.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yes, but we can't set them free in their home countries, we need to send them to a beach resort where they can live out their lives in comfort on the US taxpayers' dime.
Don't forget the health coverage that they need.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Silverback
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think this is just more evidence that we need to treat all of these Gitmo detainees with compassion and grant them all the same freedoms and privileges as the American citizens that they have pledged to kill.

Hang in there Buddy, I called 911 and help is on the way, you have slipped in the shower and hit your head, they will be there shortly so hang on your going to make it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Hang in there Buddy, I called 911 and help is on the way, you have slipped in the shower and hit your head, they will be there shortly so hang on your going to make it.



Brilliant!


~Amy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-26-2010, 03:53 PM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Yes, but we can't set them free in their home countries, we need to send them to a beach resort where they can live out their lives in comfort on the US taxpayers' dime.
I disagree Nate. I think we should send them where they want to go. A nice little place where they can enjoy their so called 7 virgins. I actually know a way to get them there.

I know you where showing sarcasm lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-26-2010, 04:10 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Hang in there Buddy, I called 911 and help is on the way, you have slipped in the shower and hit your head, they will be there shortly so hang on your going to make it.
= sarcasm



Maybe I should write out my sarcastic comments like this next time:

[libtard delusion]Of course, we need to treat these detainees with compassion, because we all know that these so-called "terrorists" are just lashing out at America's evil, imperialistic exploitation of the dark-skinned nations and the murdering of their people for oil.[/libtard delusion]



What's sad is that there are otherwise intelligent people who actually believe that garbage.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.