Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
i had a principal do that with me one time. i was in elementary school and there was a bully in my class. i was playing kick ball he was playing dodge ball. i was on my base and he hit me in the head with a dodge ball. i told him twice not to do it again. well he was 6'3" 200lb in elementary school so he got away with a lot. the third time i walked up punched him in the nose when he fell i was right on top of him. i went to the principals office and the principal smacked the desk with the paddle and told me to act real upset when i left. he didn't want the other boys mom showing up asking why i didn't get punishment. the plan went off with out a hitch.
Awesome!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:58 PM
bradwright

i went through a lot of beatings at the hands of my alcoholic Father....hard to think back on it even now.

Anyway i decided that i would never lay a hand on my Son and i never have.
i always took the time to sit him down and discuss his behavior and explain in detail why he could or could not do certain things.
after while he knew if he caused problems he would have to sit and listen to his Dad for an hour or so and that seemed to be enough of a deterrent because the older he got the better he was.

and now that he is 20 years old he comes to chat with me about things on a regular basis....i must have done something right.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i went through a lot of beatings at the hands of my alcoholic Father....hard to think back on it even now.

i always took the time to sit him down and discuss his behavior and explain in detail why he could or could not do certain things.
after while he knew if he caused problems he would have to sit and listen to his Dad for an hour or so and that seemed to be enough of a deterrent because the older he got the better he was.

and now that he is 20 years old he comes to chat with me about things on a regular basis....i must have done something right.
I think that's awesome. I bet he's a great kid.

My kids wouldn't sit down long enough for a long lecture from me so I beat them.... J/K

~Amy
Old 03-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Stump Rules!

Go Amy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

My kids wouldn't sit down long enough for a long lecture from me so I beat them.... J/K

~Amy

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-26-2010, 12:39 AM
surveyorshawn

My mom didn't give me many spankings, by my Grandaddy did, mostly with the flyswatter or a keen switch. He was like a father to me, as my parents were divorced, and we lived with my mom's parents in Mississippi. I remember getting a major switching for playing bulldozer with the garden hoe in his pea patch one year. I haven't had to spank my kids much. When I have spanked the girls, I hug them afterward and talk to them about what they did. I always stay calm, which for some reason seems to make it worse on them. Abigail (now 13) said "Daddy, I wish you wouldn't be so calm when you spank me!" The worst spanking she ever got was when she was 4 or 5 and knocked her grandmother's glass eye out on purpose and laughed about it, then lied about it when I got home. She still remembers that one, lol. I have a system, and always have had it, where I start counting. If I get to three, the kid gets a spanking. After the got it figured out, I rarely got past one. When Abigail got about 6, I lowered the number, and if I got past "the look", she got a spanking. I have only had to spank her 4 or 5 times since then. Everywhere she goes, people always remark about what a well-behaved child she is.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Did anybody ever play GTA III and listen to the "Chatterbox" radio station? This question reminds me of the this part of the show:
Caller:
"I wanted to talk about spanking!"
Lazlow:
"Oh God...not another one...!"
Caller:
"I say spanking kids is the only way to teach them right from wrong."
Lazlow: "
So you think that teaching kids from an early age that violence is the solution to problems will make them valuable members of our society."
Caller:
"Exactly! I knew you'd understand Lazlow! My daddy used to whoop the tar out of me. He once hit me so hard my spleen fell out of my ear. Didn't do me no harm. Look at me now, I'm the best pest-control guy in east Portland. I've killed more rats, roaches and vermin that you can imagine, and I love it. This is such a great country, I wouldn't be where I am today if my daddy hadn't beat me senseless."
Old 03-26-2010, 02:23 AM
internationalharvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post

My son Boone has had his share of spankins , but you know what . He hasnt had a spankin in probably 4 years, There is no need to , He knows how to act and not to do that stuff that causes spankins. I took him to an over night birthday party a month ago and when i went and picked him up , his friends parents met me at the door and said out of the 12 boys that were there , They liked having Boone there the most because he was the most well behaved kid they had ever met.
Mac man he is a good kid, when I was a senior Boone was in kindergarten and one of my classes helped them write letters to Santa. I don't think I have ever laughed as hard as when I had him sittin next to me telling me what to type out on the computer, then I misspelled something and he called me on it (simple typo on a real simple word but I missed it and he didn't lol) but it caught me so off guard because he was so totally polite about it haha
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Did anybody ever play GTA III and listen to the "Chatterbox" radio station? This question reminds me of the this part of the show:
Caller:
"I wanted to talk about spanking!"
Lazlow:
"Oh God...not another one...!"
Caller:
"I say spanking kids is the only way to teach them right from wrong."
Lazlow: "
So you think that teaching kids from an early age that violence is the solution to problems will make them valuable members of our society."
Caller:
"Exactly! I knew you'd understand Lazlow! My daddy used to whoop the tar out of me. He once hit me so hard my spleen fell out of my ear. Didn't do me no harm. Look at me now, I'm the best pest-control guy in east Portland. I've killed more rats, roaches and vermin that you can imagine, and I love it. This is such a great country, I wouldn't be where I am today if my daddy hadn't beat me senseless."
HAHAHAHAHAHAH lol. Man I use to play GTA III for days on end. lol.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post

That's just awful what happened when you were a kid, brad. Well, you stopped the cycle and now you're reaping the benefits of that with your son.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAH lol. Man I use to play GTA III for days on end. lol.
Still my all-time favorite game. I'm going through it again, but this time, I'm going to hit the 100% mark.