Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 03-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Perfect Bracket by Autistic Teen

This is pretty cool!

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...t-two-rounds/1

Quote:
The perfect bracket: Autistic teen from Chicago area nails the first two rounds

Seventeen-year-old Alex Herrmann, an autistic teen that lives outside Chicago, is absolutely perfect so far in picking the NCAA tournament, according to nbcchicago.com.

Northern Iowa over Kansas? He picked it.

Ohio over Georgetown? Got that one, too.

Cornell to the Sweet 16? Check.

"It's amazing," he said.

According to the NBC story, BookofOdds.com says the odds of picking the first two rounds perfectly is one in 13,460,000.

"I'm kind of good at math," Herrmann said, "and at stats I see on TV during the game."

Herrmann entered one of CBS' bracket games with the help of his brother, Andrew.

"My bracket is totally shot," Andrew Herrmann said.

"I checked his bracket and it was off the chart, " Andrew said. "I thought it was a big deal."

Alex's perfect bracket may not stay that way throughout the next two weekends, but picking the first 48 games correctly is still a feat in itself.

Several of CBS' bracket games offered cash prizes for picking perfect rounds. But the version of the challenge that Alex entered does not offer prizes, which might be why CBS told USA TODAY that the best bracket in their game had four games incorrect.

According to USA TODAY's Michael Hiestand, of the 5.4 million entries in ESPN.com's bracket challenge, no one picked the first two rounds perfectly.

As for Alex Herrmann, he's still got a few more upsets up his sleeve. If his bracket is to remain perfect, he needs Purdue, his brother's alma-mater, to win the national championship.

Anyone gonna argue with the perfect bracket?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I don't wanna sound insensitive, or mean, so please be nice.....

BUT...

It does take a person like Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man" to pick the NCCA Basketball tournament. That's why we call it "March Madness".

I think this is awesome

For real... Cornell didn't even pick Cornell....
Old 03-25-2010, 12:02 AM
logrus

Yeah I can't see how the kid managed to pick Cornell, I mean nobody in our entire pool picked them out of the first round. Really when you look at this, its been a really weird March Madness, teams who shouldnt win are running deep into the bracket, a ton of close games that have had me on the edge of my seat.

Makes me wonder how football would fair in the same situation, wonder if we would have some unknown making it deep.

Ohh well, this is why I love College Basketball in March.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Yeah I can't see how the kid managed to pick Cornell, I mean nobody in our entire pool picked them out of the first round. Really when you look at this, its been a really weird March Madness, teams who shouldnt win are running deep into the bracket, a ton of close games that have had me on the edge of my seat.

Makes me wonder how football would fair in the same situation, wonder if we would have some unknown making it deep.

Ohh well, this is why I love College Basketball in March.
Of course we wouldn't!!!

Football is not the same as basketball, and thats why the NBA playoffs are BETTER than March Madness. The BETTER team always wins in a 7 game series, and the talent in the NBA is MUCH better than that in the NCAA.