Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-23-2010, 08:27 PM

Default Rationale for Overeem vs Rogers

Is there a rationale for Alistair vs Rogers on a strikeforce card? Alistair is the HW champ for Strikeforce. Fedor JUST beat Rogers on a Strikeforce card. How do they have ANY rationale for this fight? And why aren't more websites calling the BS card with this one.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
KevinD

this matchup just makes Strikeforce look very lame.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:25 PM

Anyone know?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Anyone know?
overeem is the champ and they were still figuring out Fedor's contract when they set the card. I think it's BS because Fedor should get an automatic championship shot.
What's bad is when Rogers knocks Overeem out!

[
Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
overeem is the champ and they were still figuring out Fedor's contract when they set the card. I think it's BS because Fedor should get an automatic championship shot.
What's bad is when Rogers knocks Overeem out!
Okay, so Fedor's contract aside, why give someone who just LOST a Strikeforce match to Fedor a shot against the Strikeforce title holder? Even if it weren't for the title. (It is now actually for the title.)

The card wasn't set until after Fedor beat Rogers right?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
donaldbreland

Yeah but I actually think Rogers had a legitimate shot at beating Fedor. Fedor is awesome don't get me wrong but a good solid connection from Rogers can put anyones lights out. I think Rogers needed this loss against Fedor and I think the next fight will be much closer.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:25 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
this matchup just makes Strikeforce look very lame.
seriously. not to mention coker should have stripped overeem a long long time ago. not defending your title since 06 is complete bs. I like that he is more laid back than dana but I think he is too laid back. Dana may be too controlling but it works because nobody tries to take advantage of him. Also I'm a huge fedor fan but with the ufc hw division getting better and better it should only be a matter of time before people stop putting up with the bs negotiations that the fools of m-1 try to pull. its ridiculous how non often fedor fights now.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:05 PM
donaldbreland

Fedor would not be a huge name in the UFC in 2 fights. He would get beat by Carwin, Brock, Cain and probably even Mir. He knows that and he wants to have his little legacy. So I am calling him scared of the fights the UFC has to offer.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
seriously. not to mention coker should have stripped overeem a long long time ago. not defending your title since 06 is complete bs. I like that he is more laid back than dana but I think he is too laid back. Dana may be too controlling but it works because nobody tries to take advantage of him. Also I'm a huge fedor fan but with the ufc hw division getting better and better it should only be a matter of time before people stop putting up with the bs negotiations that the fools of m-1 try to pull. its ridiculous how non often fedor fights now.
How often would be appropriate for you?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
How often would be appropriate for you?
as often as he fought in pride. you cant really act like he is fighting often enough i mean really? he should at least fight as often as mir which isnt even that often but its something (not that mir is better than fedor he would get owned if they fought). its only gonna get worse and negotiations will get more ridiculous as time goes by. even his own brother said that he is being used by vadim for his business. too much politics lately with fedor's crew.