Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-22-2010, 05:10 AM
pistol-pete

Jones has the ability. His ability to take guys like Vera and Hamill down proves this. Both Verra and Hamill come from very good wrestling backgrounds and Jones threw both of them around. Look how much trouble Randy had taking Vera down. Bones was 2-2 in takedown against Vera. He looked a little sloppy with leaving his right arm extended in the guard, but maybe it was only that noticible because that is all Joe Rogan kept blabbing about.

Anyways, combine Jones' wrestling and his freaky standup I think he is two victories away from a fight for the title. I think there are some veterans in line before Jones, like the winner of the Rampage v Rashad fight. Shogun already has a rematch with Machida. Also you have to take the winner of the Franklin/Couture fight into consideration. The UFC would just love to give Couture one more shot at the title, not that I would mind, but Jones has some jumping to do before he becomes the next in line to fight for the title.

I think a match between a guy like Thiago Silva, will be the next step for Jones.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:14 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
Jones has the ability. His ability to take guys like Vera and Hamill down proves this. Both Verra and Hamill come from very good wrestling backgrounds and Jones threw both of them around. Look how much trouble Randy had taking Vera down. Bones was 2-2 in takedown against Vera. He looked a little sloppy with leaving his right arm extended in the guard, but maybe it was only that noticible because that is all Joe Rogan kept blabbing about.

Anyways, combine Jones' wrestling and his freaky standup I think he is two victories away from a fight for the title. I think there are some veterans in line before Jones, like the winner of the Rampage v Rashad fight. Shogun already has a rematch with Machida. Also you have to take the winner of the Franklin/Couture fight into consideration. The UFC would just love to give Couture one more shot at the title, not that I would mind, but Jones has some jumping to do before he becomes the next in line to fight for the title.

I think a match between a guy like Thiago Silva, will be the next step for Jones.
i was thinking that he was leaving his arm in there as a trap ... i think he was waiting for vera to target it so he could open up for strikes .... but i could be wrong
Old 03-22-2010, 05:30 AM

He should face Thiago silva next.... If Randy is out of the Franklin fight maybe that would be a good night for jones too... IF he was fighting lil nog tonight his arm would be going back to Brazil though!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Is anyone else watching?
I was watching, Michelle, great fight night!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:26 AM

Jones and Junior looked just great tonight! I just wish Headhunter could have done better against Cheick.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Shoots like a girl

I DVR'd the fights and will watch them tonight. I did stay up and watch Veras fight. It was rough, too bad too, I really like Brandon Vera! But that shot to the eye was brutal! WOW!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
rearnakedchoke

it's hard to believe that bones had his first fight less than 2 years ago and he is already making waves .. i was watching the post fight interview and he said that he threw a GSP type elbow ... working with the best camp in mma is gonna do this kid wonders ...
Old 03-22-2010, 08:07 PM

Ouch! That elbow gave me a headache! Wanted Vera to win, but props to Jones for delivering the fatality.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Feel bad for Eric Schafer
Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Feel bad for Eric Schafer
when did they air that fight ??