Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-21-2010, 03:19 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If Hardy can get taken down and mounted with ease by Davis, GSP is gonna have a field day in this one ... And GSP has better stand-up, so if he decides to keep it standing, he will win it there also ... GSP Round 2 TKO
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-21-2010, 04:16 PM
wavetar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I like Hardy...he showed he was one solid, tough hombre in the win over Swick. Without having seen him fight one of the 'next tier' fighters like Kos, Alves or Fitch, it's basically just a guessing game as to his ability to fight someone close to GSP's level. I personally don't believe he's at the same level, and I also don't think he can take a beating like Alves, Fitch or Penn

Given the above, I will say I'll be disappointed if GSP doesn't finish this one.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-21-2010, 08:06 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I Vote Dan Hardy
Once again, Dave, this isn't a popularity contest to see gets to be on the homecoming court. Voting & opinion doesn't matter.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Once again, Dave, this isn't a popularity contest to see gets to be on the homecoming court. Voting & opinion doesn't matter.
Opinion doesnt matter?? its only your opinion that GSP will win.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Opinion doesnt matter?? its only your opinion that GSP will win.
Well, that's not entirely true: I've got solid evidence to support my opinion, you've got wishful thinking. That being said, you're right to an extent: my opinion doesn't matter. I'm glad you're at least able to recognize that in others.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Well, that's not entirely true: I've got solid evidence to support my opinion, you've got wishful thinking. That being said, you're right to an extent: my opinion doesn't matter. I'm glad you're at least able to recognize that in others.
Really...is wishful thinking all Serra had during his first match with GSP

listen...I dont hold it against you that you think GSP will win, I dont belittle you or give you tude because of it. Please do me the same courtesy even if you believe I am mistaken
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-22-2010, 12:28 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Really...is wishful thinking all Serra had during his first match with GSP
listen...I dont hold it against you that you think GSP will win, I dont belittle you or give you tude because of it. Please do me the same courtesy even if you believe I am mistaken
Serra would destroy Hardy....so would Matt,Kos, and Fitch and a number of others as well.
So how much of a chance do you think he really has against GSP ?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
Serra would destroy Hardy....so would Matt,Kos, and Fitch and a number of others as well.
So how much of a chance do you think he really has against GSP ?
More then the chance Matt Serra had first time round

Fitch I dont know if he would beat Hardy or not...Koscheck, probably if he could fight like he did against...was it Alves before?

Alves could probably beat Hardy.

I think your all doing exactly what GSP is doing now. Giving Dan Hardy no chance...thats a REALLY dangerous thing to do...Dan Hardy has absolutely nothing to lose in this...only a few staunch patriots give him a possible chance

Recipe for upset disastor of the century
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Really...is wishful thinking all Serra had during his first match with GSP
Yes, I believe it was, prior to the fight. In the fight he had the same puncher's chance that everyone on here has given Hardy. Outside of that: wishful thinking & a puncher's chance, he's doesn't have anything going for him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-22-2010, 12:50 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
More then the chance Matt Serra had first time round

Fitch I dont know if he would beat Hardy or not...Koscheck, probably if he could fight like he did against...was it Alves before?

Alves could probably beat Hardy.

I think your all doing exactly what GSP is doing now. Giving Dan Hardy no chance...thats a REALLY dangerous thing to do...Dan Hardy has absolutely nothing to lose in this...only a few staunch patriots give him a possible chance

Recipe for upset disastor of the century
you think GSP is taking Hardy lightly ?
where do you get this stuff from ?
and no he doesn't have a better chance then Serra did in his first fight with GSP....he practically has no chance what so ever....
i tried to stay out of this conversation because the UFC for what ever reason is throwing Hardy to the wolves so to speak and i kinda feel sorry for him.
you really should sit down and look at this from a logical point of view Dave because
if you keep thinking like you are now you are in for one of the most dissapointing MMA nights you have ever had....Hardy has no chance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.