Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-19-2009, 01:37 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
They say that each fighter pairs one striking technique with one ground technique which is a little worrisome. When fighting as Matt hughes we all know that his wrestling is his strength on the ground, but his BJJ is top notch too.
I hope they do the bar graph technology (like on most sports games) for strengths and weakness, so that a fighter can be strong a 9 in wrestling but also be a 7 in BJJ and a 6 in Judo. it is MMA now afterall.
I think the idea of pairing two styles is probably more aimed at keeping the gameplay balanced, which can actually be a good thing. For them to actually limit the fighters abilities to such a narrow scope would be a rookie mistake. For example, if fighters who don't use BJJ as their ground attack cannot do routine submission moves like chokes and armlocks, that is going to be pretty lame.
Really, THQ is probably the perfect maker to take on this project, since they have a great reputation with innovative control systems on fighting games. However, a great game can be easily ruined by poor controls or poor AI. I still play my copy of UFC Sudden Impact from time to time, and the AI is so terrible in that game that I usually end up getting pissed and just shutting it off.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Moose

Looks good! I can't wait for the weekly patches to rebalance things. Does Judo even need to be in there? I mean, who's gonna play with Karo or Dong?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Looks good! I can't wait for the weekly patches to rebalance things. Does Judo even need to be in there? I mean, who's gonna play with Karo or Dong?
Judo is a bit more appropriate than some of the fighting styles they tried working into "Sudden Impact", like Sumo and Kung Fu.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Judo is a bit more appropriate than some of the fighting styles they tried working into "Sudden Impact", like Sumo and Kung Fu.

I never played that game.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
A lot more fighters use Judo than you think. When I build Fedor I'll have to use Judo for his base grown since they aren't putting Sambo on there.

[
Old 03-19-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Was that the first game where the career mode everyone looked like Jango Fett?

[
Old 03-19-2009, 04:37 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Was that the first game where the career mode everyone looked like Jango Fett?
I don't think so, at least to me they don't look like Jango Fett, lol. The game I am talking about is this one.

It's actually the best one of all the UFC games that have come out so far. It has Big Tim and Arlovski, and strangely enough one of the hidden characters is Mask from Tapout, but I still have yet to unlock him because the game is ridiculously hard to beat.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I don't think so, at least to me they don't look like Jango Fett, lol. The game I am talking about is this one.

It's actually the best one of all the UFC games that have come out so far. It has Big Tim and Arlovski, and strangely enough one of the hidden characters is Mask from Tapout, but I still have yet to unlock him because the game is ridiculously hard to beat.
Oh, I'm thinking of the first one I think. It has Tito on the cover I believe.

That one looks pretty good!

[
Old 03-19-2009, 05:08 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Since we are talking about UFC video games, I took some screen-shots of a game some of you probably never knew existed. There actually was a UFC game for the Game Boy Color. If you like 8 bit retro style games, then this one is kinda fun, and very easy to beat.

Front Cover

Screen Shots

Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Moose

Quote:

He looks like he's building a fire on his crotch, indian style.