Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-18-2009, 09:16 PM

Default UFC Undisputed article

I just got my new Game Informer magazine in yesterday, and it has a nice little article about the upcoming UFC game. For those who don't get the magazine, here is the article:
Quote:
A few Ultimate Fighting Championship titles have come and gone over the last decade, but none of them had the fighting chops to survive. With the UFC continuing to rise in popularity, THQ - no stranger to the ring with its Smackdown vs. Raw series - is stepping up, and might have what it takes to weather more than a few rounds in the Octagon.

Thanks to developer Tuke's impressively detailed character models and animation system, these fighters look real. The developer has worked hard to ensure that each fighter's body moves and reacts like it should in combat. These digital reconstructions sweat, breathe, and bleed like the real deal; and they also interact well with each other. Limbs no longer clip into the body or stop just short of connection. Every impact looks firm. When a fighter blocks a devastating kick, his arms press back against the body and face realistically - jaws snap back with force after an uppercut. The animation holds up even as these brawlers battle back and forth with athletic speed.

The control system is easy to pick up, with the face buttons handling all the basic attacks while the left and right buttons handle modifying basic attacks and blocking. Anyone who has watched UFC knows that eventually most bouts devolve into a rolling match on the floor, so plenty of effort has gone into making sure the ground game is just as deep as the traditional fighting. A new grapple system has been created using the right analog stick, so fighters will have to strategically position themselves in the best spot to put a submission hold on their opponent while dealing with his attempts to block, counter, and escape.

Like most wrestling games, UFC features robust career and create-a-fighter modes. Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg also provide hours of commentary. The final release will pack an extensive roster of 80 of the best mixed martial arts fighters in the world. Across five weight classes you'll see names like Wanderlei Silva, BJ Penn, Frank Mir, Rashad Evans, and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Undisputed looks promising so far, but we won't find out until later this year if it really lives up to its name.
The article has the release date as "Spring".
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
I just got my new Game Informer magazine in yesterday, and it has a nice little article about the upcoming UFC game. For those who don't get the magazine, here is the article:

The article has the release date as "Spring".
GAME STOP has the release date as some time in June

The game looks like its going to be a lot of fun.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 AM
lc87

Crap they pushed it back since I last went to gamestop. When I last went it was may25. Now im bummed out
Old 02-19-2009, 02:05 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
Crap they pushed it back since I last went to gamestop. When I last went it was may25. Now im bummed out
It's just until June 2nd, only a week, I imagine it got pushed back because marketing ppl decided it would be a better sale time then instead of the week before
Old 02-19-2009, 02:10 AM
lc87

That's not too bad then. It would prob be a good idea to have it right after a big event that way people are pumped up to watch and hope it carries over to play it
Old 02-19-2009, 02:20 AM

Even Amazon has it listed for 6/2/09... that's not too long of a wait I guess.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:20 AM

I'm so stoked for this game!! The ground game sounds pretty cool. We shall see!

[
Old 02-19-2009, 05:01 AM
lc87

I just can't wait to play it I hope its awesome.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:06 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I can't wait to hear you guys tell me how awesome it is.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:19 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I can't wait to hear you guys tell me how awesome it is.
Ill post some pics for ya too lol