Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-20-2010, 01:28 PM
surveyorshawn

Default Prayer request

Guys, I request that you would pray for me & my family during these hard times. I am self-employed, but the economy has all but put me out of business, and my family and I have pretty must lost everything and are starting over. I see the positive, the separation from the world and from "stuff" (I had bought into the lie that was the American dream & had a big house, new vehicles, etc, etc), but it is kind of tough at the same time. We applied for food stamps yesterday, which was a bit embarrassing, but times are hard. I DO NOT want anything other than prayers and encouragement. God is taking care of us. I believe I can see where we are headed, and it is good. It is just the process of getting there that is hard and scary. Kind of like ripping off a bandaid with extra sticky stuff or getting a painful shot, I guess. I am going from having stuff and money, from knowing where everything was coming from, to having no material things or money, and having to totally rely on God. Don't get me wrong, I relied on Him before, and I grew up poor. It's just a tough transition.
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
DonnaMaria

I hear you! And I will pray for you!

You have lots of company! A lot of people are in the same boat, myself included. Stay strong!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:30 PM

Will definitely do that, Shawn, hang in there, bro!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:10 PM

I would tell you to stay strong but strength is a gift you possess in spades, brother. I'll pray for you and your family and you will get through this. doors will open for you, my friend just keep your eyes open.
God Bless

[
Old 03-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

I've been there, Shawn. Stay strong and know that the hard times make us better people and I truly believe that marriages are stronger when it's just you two against the world relying only on God and each other.

~Amy
Old 03-20-2010, 07:00 PM
hughesfan4life

right with you and yours shawn.you all are in my prayers.xx
Old 03-20-2010, 09:26 PM
bradwright

i have been in the very place that you are in now Shawn...i too lost everything i had at one time in my life so i do know what your going through.
all i can say is hang in there... i know its hard to believe right now but things will get better.
some of the best people i have ever met have been through situations like this so no need to be embarrassed about needing help for you and your family.....hold your head high.

and yes i will pray for you guys.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

I will pray also
Old 03-21-2010, 01:45 PM
surveyorshawn

Thank you guys! I am again humbled by the godliness of my brothers and sisters on this forum, just as I was when my son Benaiah was going through his surgeries! We were able to sell some of our extra furniture (things that will not fit in the smaller house we are moving into) yesterday afternoon. We didn't get a lot, but it was probably a week's salary for a part-time job. Also, someone called for me to do a survey for Monday, and I got two more potential jobs for the next week or so. The other two prospective clients just have to talk it over with their families. As times are hard, my price is very negotiable, lol. Please continue to pray for us, and I consider it an honor to pray for any of you!! God bless you all!!
Old 03-21-2010, 02:41 PM

Shawn, I'll be praying for you and your family during these stressed times. Like Llama said we already know how strong you and your wife are with what y'all have already come through with Benaiah. It sounds like positive things are happening already.

One day at a time....one day at a time.