Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 11-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Thank you, my friend, for those beautiful words, "....rise in glory". I happened to be on the phone with my sister when I saw your post and I read it to her--she said she was going to share that with Joni's sister, Robin, who is ever faithful.

That was a beautiful piece you picked. It lifted my heart.
you are very welcome. The piece I chose is quite uplifting. You know it comes at the very end of the Requiem Mass and depicts the entry of the faithful departed into Heaven after judgement. So much of the Requiem is either mournful at the loss, or wrathful at the judgement...but the last movement, In Paradisum, reflects the words you chose to quote me on.

That is the "rising in glory" which is what happens to the faithful after Judgement. We receive our new, and eternal Ressurectional Bodies, and we are taken up into union with GOD, in glory.

The words are below with a translation

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem. Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cum Lazaro quondam paupere Šternam habeas requiem.

May angels lead you into paradise; upon your arrival, may the martyrs receive you and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem. May the ranks of angels receive you, and with Lazarus, the poor man, may you have eternal rest.

The whole Requiem is a very ancient prayer in the form of a poem, its become liturgical, but strictly speaking, its not Biblical in quotation. I perfer to think of it as the pinnicle in human responce to GOD on the subject of death and judgement